All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Yesterday
  2. Last week
  3. 2002 996.2 3.6 Coupe

You might have thought he'd know he can't/shouldn't drive a manual..... Oh well. People!
  4. Earlier
  5. 2002 996.2 3.6 Coupe

Wow - a year since I updated this thread! Didn’t go to the Nurburgring (ended up in hospital instead), replaced a load of brake hard lines, did a trip round Scotland, had a big service, new tyres, general bits and bobs. Was supposed to be selling it last weekend but the guy came down, loved the car, the paperwork, everything but it hurt him to drive it as he has to have an Achilles operation on his left foot so can’t drive a manual. Given my car had a recent clutch and it’s the lightest of all the ones I’ve driven - the mind boggles! Oh well, at least it’s clean - anyone want a properly sorted 996?
  6. 944 Turbo S - Project Time

Engine is pretty much back together and going back in the car in 2 weeks. Made lots of “while you’re in there upgrades” and also a big saving on machining costs so budget wasn’t completely blown (maybe 20% tops - ish). Lots of geeky pictures on my phone of various engine rebuild stages but this one is the satisfying one:
  7. MK Meet - Weds 5th June

A bit late to the party but I'll be there tonight, looking forward to it after missing the last one!
  8. MK Meet - Weds 5th June

I know, you lot have moved location since we last met up, it will just be me this time
  9. MK Meet - Weds 5th June

Long time no see!!! Let me know if you are bringing passengers! 1. Ian_C 2. John@mk 3. jamrowls 4. Richard 5. Nige 6. Matt
  10. MK Meet - Weds 5th June

Can you add me to the list please
  11. Possibly about to do something stupid again...?

Mean dad! My A8 has the anti-collision (front) thing and it brakes for you after flashing up on the dash, if it thinks you are getting too close. I found out as someone was going right at some lights, I was going left and my car 'thought' I was a bit too close and braked a bit until they were out of scope and let the brakes off. Nice touch! Maybe Romain Grosjean can try out the anti-collision stuff first...
  12. MK Meet - Weds 5th June

1. Ian_C 2. John@mk 3. jamrowls 4. Richard 5. Nige
  13. MK Meet - Weds 5th June

1. Ian_C 2. John@mk 3. jamrowls 4. Richard Please add you name if you can make it.
  14. MK Meet - Weds 5th June

Hi Ian Plan to be at the meet. If it is not raining I may bring the SL 500. It will be the first time that it has been out this year. It is now 29 years old and has been in the garage on a battery maintainer for the last 6 months. Nevertheless, I expect it to start on the first turn of the key. Must get it serviced even though it does very few miles each year. See you Wednesday. Richard
  15. 2007 S6 MMI screen failed?

Super delayed reply.....reseated cables, changed screen, problem still there. Must be the cable, but looking at it's routing I do not fancy trying to change that, so will probably get a decent local auto electrics place to do it. That plus the throttle valves, parking sensors and now one of the fuel rail pumps has really put me off audis. My old ('97) GTR was way less trouble with worse treatment and more power....
  16. BMW M5 Review

And ...
  17. Possibly about to do something stupid again...?

Nah, it's stuff like lane departure warning, lane change warning, collision alerts and such. Am thinking of ripping it out and seeing if I can fit it to the Caterham. He should wish Maybe in a while. A long while...!
  18. Possibly about to do something stupid again...?

Active Security Pack - do you let the big bouncer out of the boot and he patrols the car each time you stop? Surround View is good! Did Junior get the drive the Cayenne and will he get to drive the M?
  19. Possibly about to do something stupid again...?

Is mine now
  20. MK Meet - Weds 5th June

1. Ian_C
  21. Wednesday 5th June, 6:30pm onwards at Ye Olde Swan, Woughton on the Green, Milton Keynes, just off the A421. Ye Olde Swan has been our home for more than 2 years now: lovely outside garden area which we enjoyed over summer 2018, cosy 16th century core for the colder half of the year (no Disney windmills here!) plus most importantly really great food! Good turn out last month despite the breezy overcast weather, and great to see a trio of S2 classics. Monthly meets now through British summer time at our regular 'home' pub - with a possible curry thrown in the mix at some point. 6:30pm onwards, any enthusiast welcome, not just VAG and / or Porsche! Usual suspects please post your interest, potential MK meet newbies please post below so we can look out and welcome you. The meet is posted on RS246, Audi SRS, the S2 Forum and TSN. Table booked for 7:45pm, number required before the night, hence the roll call below.... Ye Olde Swan Newport Road Woughton on the Green Milton Keynes Buckinghamshire MK6 3BS 01908679489 The bit highlighted in red on the second map is the road through the pub - you can access from both ends. Congregate at the north end of the car park - the four spaces by the red arrow are the biggest for A8s + RS6s etc. Archive June pic!
  22. Possibly about to do something stupid again...?

That is a sweet package. I hope you enjoy every mile with a smile!
  23. Possibly about to do something stupid again...?

F10 M5 Saloon S63 4.4i LCI Monte Carlo Blue Metallic Black Extended Merino Leather Service Pack from 14/04/2016 to 13/04/2021 20" 343M light Double-spoke alloy wheels Steering wheel heating Reversing Assist camera Bootlid operation. Powered Climate Comfort windscreen Dark Ash wood interior trim M Multi-function seats. Front Split-folding rear seats Lumbar support. Driver and front pass. Surround-view Internet Loudspeaker system - harman/kardon surround M rear spoiler Speed limit display Active Security package
  24. Possibly about to do something stupid again...?

Noice! What is the spec?
  25. BMW M5 Review

I think I may have set some kind of a record for the longest gap between test drive and purchase?
  26. Possibly about to do something stupid again...?

No, blue. Waved goodbye to the Cayenne this morning, just agreed on this one
  27. Possibly about to do something stupid again...?

I have just had a look at the F10 and newer model on Wiki - but I didn't get to check the interior of the newer one (F90?). The F10 looks fine though. Losing that horrid 'dispaly pod' thing for the i-drive screen in the V10 M5. It looks properly integrated now. Three power output choices! Man!!! Red one sir?
  1. Load more activity