CarMad

Moderators
  • Content count

    17,204
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

734 Excellent

About CarMad

  • Rank
    ...
  • Birthday 09/12/1980

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling

Converted

  • Location
    Manchester
  • Interests
    Cars ... what else !
  • Car Make
    BMW
  1. Yikes - those street circuits always seem to cause crashes like that once in a while.
  2. RS3 - Saloon!

    GC Confirmed for 2019 release there are patent images of the car out there now but in a basic spec. Add the M-Sport and it will look fantastic.
  3. Red Bull decides on Honda F1 engine switch

    The Honda engine has proven to be better this year and the most recent update seems to have given a good step. Honda aren't as bad as Mclaren have made them to look in reality so its going to be interesting to see how things are played out. Did anyone also read that there seems to be a mini mutiny at McLaren trying to push out good old Eric B it seems. I'd personally say they have forgotten to integrate as a race team should do and they aren't focused on the racing and being too robotic and finger pointing.
  4. RS3 - Saloon!

    On the size point its getting silly, my car is huge in that respect and annoying with it. We tend to use the wife car at the weekend for that reason. Take mine to many supermarkets and its always sticking out and only just fitting in the space. To make matters worse the 6 GT is even longer and wider than the 5GT which is the last thing I wanted. I'm considering going X3 40iM or GLC43 as a replacement I quite like driving the wifes car and having something all our performance when I can hardly ever us it I just find frustrating personally. I'd prefer something that sounded fantastic and had average performance I could have fun with on a backroad. Anyway decision is a way so slightly academic.
  5. RS3 - Saloon!

    Yeah M3 stopping as they have to change to put a particulate filter on all cars (yes even the petrols) and didn't want to do it on a car that was going out of production. New 3 series out soon M4 is getting the filter as it has a way to go before being replaced. BMW seem to have taken some of the criticism of the M3/4 to heart and there are plenty of reports the 8 series sets a bit of a new direction with engines sounding better being part of that. Will have to see if the proof is in the pudding I guess.
  6. Post a pic of your car

    A very nice bumble bee spec motor.
  7. RS3 - Saloon!

    Go for a 8 series instead, launched a few weeks ago looks fantastic.
  8. RIP: Fifth Gear TV Show

    Yeah Plato tweeted today that he had been at Angelsey today, looking forward to it I rather enjoyed the last few seasons. I hope they don't try to be Top Gear or Grand Poor.
  9. "Relay Crime" reality?

    Another reason to always keys downstairs, better they get the metal than try and come and find them and disturb you, that gets a whole lot messier. I take it you haven't got them back yet? You will be nailing those lovely motors about before you know
  10. "Relay Crime" reality?

    I believe they can be a LONG way from the front of the house or anywhere in the house and can be detected. The signal apparently gets boosted a LOT. We also have the spares in a pouch in another location in the house to make certain as well.
  11. "Relay Crime" reality?

    I got two different ones and fortunately both worked. We have the spares in a big pouch and two smaller ones for daily use, work a treat. I put the keys in both and the car couldn't detect the keys at all on the wifes car with comfort opening.
  12. 2002 996.2 3.6 Coupe

    I've done both cars in Crystal Serum Light and EXO v3 after a good buff and its incredible. Water hardly even sits on the surface let alone bead, the car almost cleans itself its crazy how good it is, highly recommended if applied and worked properly.
  13. Crazy isn't it, hopefully it got more coverage being banned than it continue to be showed. Anyway just going to wrap the kids in cotton wool... not.
  14. RS3 - Saloon!

    Enjoy it, I'm sure you will.
  15. RS3 - Saloon!

    This^^, honestly throw away the VW group comfort blanket and go and have a play. I remember driving a 330i on a wetted circle with my foot flat to the floor at a BMW day once and it just went round and round, open the steering and it went off like a scalded cat, it was amazing how clever it was. Like Mac I don't give RWD a single thought for 95% of the time driving the other 5% its probably snowing and you need to be treating the conditions the same regardless of the car.