Heated Seats

Adaptive Lights

Interior Lighting Pack

Parking Plus

Auto mirror, lights, wipers

Bluetooth phone kit

Aluminium Trim

19" Y-design wheels

£38k for an ex-demo with 2,900 miles....

You'll love it, had mine about 11 days now, and it's a great car, not the same kind of drive as my previous RS4 was but a great car to crunch the miles in along with looking stunning both inside and out.....dare I say, it's get more approving looks the the RS!! more so because the RS was a true petrolheads motor whereas the A5 just looks good to all IMHO...

[ QUOTE ]

You'll love it, had mine about 11 days now, and it's a great car, not the same kind of drive as my previous RS4 was but a great car to crunch the miles in along with looking stunning both inside and out.....dare I say, it's get more approving looks the the RS!! more so because the RS was a true petrolheads motor whereas the A5 just looks good to all IMHO...

[/ QUOTE ]

How does it drive and perform IYO compaired to the RS4.

It neither handles nor performs like the RS4 in many respects such as:- the sheer power(obviously, its a diesel!), the directness of the steering along with it's general composure on b-roads....but in fairness to the A5, it very quiet, plenty of oomph for my day to day motorway trips......and it's a heck of a nice place to sit in terms of comfort and general cruising ability....Audi were spot on when they said this was a GT cruiser type car rather than a sports vehicle.......

Bit like comparing chalk and cheese at the end of the day, but both cars at the top of the game in their respective markets IMHO........

To be fair I think he thought you had an S5 rather than an A5 3.0 TDi.

I didn't find the S5 that much different to the RS4 and for me in every day use it suits better. E.g. Lower torque delivery means you dont have to rev it so much, softer ride and seems better insulated, much more up to date interior/controls and features (like MMI).

Wish it had the SPORT button though.

[ QUOTE ]

A B7 RS4 is great but the B8 S4 with adaptive damping will probably be surprisingly good and will be plenty fast enough for me. Plus £10k cheaper than an RS4 and discounts aplenty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Merlot,

They are already talking about Mag Ride along with this Sport Diff option - see link.

I think you will have a long wait for an B8 S4, thought you wanted an S5 with Mag Ride, no discounts though?

http://www.audiworld.com/news/07/quattro-with-sport-differential/

[ QUOTE ]

A B7 RS4 is great but the B8 S4 with adaptive damping will probably be surprisingly good and will be plenty fast enough for me. Plus £10k cheaper than an RS4 and discounts aplenty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you will struggle to get any discount on a B8 S4 in the first 6-12 months though...dealers are firm on A5/S5/TT product so don't expect that to change.

[ QUOTE ]

The A4 is a completely different volume game Gareth. I got nothing off my B5 S4 Avant when they came out and 3% off my B6 S4 Avant when they came out. I will wait a few months with the B8 to get that bit more off but wouldn't be surprised if I could get 5-7% after six months.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean on the S4 then?

[ QUOTE ]

I think you will struggle to get any discount on a B8 S4 in the first 6-12 months though...dealers are firm on A5/S5/TT product so don't expect that to change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah - typical rules will apply 8-10% from launch.

In fact, discounts on performance cars seem to be easier last year or two due to taxation and petrol prices etc!

[ QUOTE ]

The A4 is a completely different volume game Gareth. I got nothing off my B5 S4 Avant when they came out and 3% off my B6 S4 Avant when they came out. I will wait a few months with the B8 to get that bit more off but wouldn't be surprised if I could get 5-7% after six months.

[/ QUOTE ]

got 10%+ off B7 S4 cab at launch. It was one of the first delivered. Getting proper discount was easier than for B6 as the economy isnt as strong now and dealers aren't stupid so take what they can.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah - typical rules will apply 8-10% from launch.

In fact, discounts on performance cars seem to be easier last year or two due to taxation and petrol prices etc!

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmmm

Might have been the case before on the older A4 (and you did exceptionally well with that S4 cab you mentioned) but try getting 8-10% off a S5 now...just won't happen I'm afraid. Audi are stepping up their game on retaining value of their new cars-especially the performance models-and discounts are harder to come by in the early life of the car.

We'll have to wait and see what happens with the B8 S4 I guess 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with you on discounts Chav but you've told us before that the B7 was just a facelift (and I agree) which did, of course, help with the discount.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, the B7 was just a mild facelift and the B6 S4 cab had been out for 18-24 months already...so not a surprise that a good deal was to be had 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, let's wait and see eh? 169144-ok.gif