E92 M3 test drive

Woppum

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not really. The car is set up for the stiff walls of runflats or that's what i presume. If BMW say that the set up would be the same for normal tyres then fine I concede.

I've asked this question on the 5 series forum - 19" wheels have normal tyres but 18" wheels have runflats. Is the set up the same? No one seems to know.

What's the insurance situation of running normal tyres on a car set up for runflats if you total the thing? I don't know that either but insurers look for any reason not to pay out.

[ QUOTE ]

No, not really. The car is set up for the stiff walls of runflats or that's what i presume. If BMW say that the set up would be the same for normal tyres then fine I concede.

I've asked this question on the 5 series forum - 19" wheels have normal tyres but 18" wheels have runflats. Is the set up the same? No one seems to know.

What's the insurance situation of running normal tyres on a car set up for runflats if you total the thing? I don't know that either but insurers look for any reason not to pay out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 5ers with 19's and non run flats and 18's with run flats are exactly the same. Sames shocks, same springs, same everything.

If you order Alpina wheels they come with regular wheels, that is for any series BMW.

I always tell my insurance company, as long as you tell them you are fine.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Just thought Jon, if I take it out for a long test drive maybe we could meet up and go head to head?? You're only down the road after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would be left in tears mate, waste of good fuel. jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as I only cry laughing and don't pee myself laughing on their nice new seats I am sure I can handle it.

If you are worried about the fuel I'll fill yours up for you. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Just thought Jon, if I take it out for a long test drive maybe we could meet up and go head to head?? You're only down the road after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would be left in tears mate, waste of good fuel. jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as I only cry laughing and don't pee myself laughing on their nice new seats I am sure I can handle it.

If you are worried about the fuel I'll fill yours up for you. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

jump.gif I love it.

Blowers would be a nice addition though.

[ QUOTE ]

Serioulsy though it is a shame I couldn't get it for a whole morning on my own, would have been brilliant to have a blast in both cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy there is no real point norfolk is as you know a haven for Plod and scammera vans, it ain't worth the risks for me.

I may be able to get an M3 and a couple of other cars Rs included for a short stint on snetterton, can't promise though.

That way we can thrash other peoples cars instead of mine.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Serioulsy though it is a shame I couldn't get it for a whole morning on my own, would have been brilliant to have a blast in both cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy there is no real point norfolk is as you know a haven for Plod and scammera vans, it ain't worth the risks for me.

I may be able to get an M3 and a couple of other cars Rs included for a short stint on snetterton, can't promise though.

That way we can thrash other peoples cars instead of mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be up for that. Id bring mine though with a fresh pair of cups and wipe the floor with you! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Oooooh!!! Apparently the M-DCT has been put on hold, they are now putting the 7 speed SMG in the E92 until further notice.

Personally I think that is far better, I was a bit worried that the DCT would feel too much like the one in the Audi, in other words like a regular auto.

This is info from circulars sent out to BMW dealers, Peppernick mentioned it on evotechnik.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got told this on my test drive of the 335i today - BMW GB man was at the dealer talking to staff - 7 speed SMG for sure from March. Cabs from next spring.

Sales guy said don't bother with a manual, just wait for the SMG. Manuals will take a dive (no shock there then).