New Car Treatment

Prhim

I'm just about to take delivery of a new Audi A5 (Meteor Grey) and am wondering if I should have any paint treatment applied?

My current Touareg has had Permagard applied and my previous Boxster had a regular 6-monthly Zymol treatment.

As a new dad, I don't have hours every weekend to re-polish and wax the car (although always happy to top off the wax if it's quick), so I'm looking for something with a pretty decent longevity and something that will afford some protection against swirl marks etc.

Any advice much appreciated.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm looking for something with a pretty decent longevity and something that will afford some protection against swirl marks etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some waxes are more durable than others, and a good protective layer will help prevent dirt sticking to the car in the first place and make it easier to wash, but beyond that I doubt if any actually offer much in the way of protection against swirls as such. You're better off avoiding them in the first place, ideally by pre-soaking the car prior to the wash itself and then using the 'two bucket method', together with a second mitt for the more heavily soiled areas if necessary. 'Pat dry' the car with the aid of some quick detailer spray and you're done. 169144-ok.gif

I think its worth noting that if your busy, and yours do a lot of milage your probably going to get some swirlmarks or atleast the spider webbing.

Certantly Zaino is worth considering, it gives great looks and lots of durability. Z8 Grand Seal is excellent for topping up after a wash. Expensive but a great option, layer the product for better looks.

Geoff

Is a pre-soak really that good? I'm only sceptical because I'd never really seen anyone talking about it till very

recently.

I take it this "snow foam" stuff is the best (does it not remove the wax already in place)?

Read some reviews on that Jetseal stuff and seems worth a go so have ordered some (so thanks for that tip..).

The snow foam is fine, even better if you mix in some car shampoo. A mild TFR like Autoglym TFR3 (also used by Nathan) is good at work too.

At the end of the day the less dirty the car gets the less problems you have im afraid!!

Jetseal is currently the wonder drug at the moment and does a decent job for the price. Certantly getting the prep before with a EZ glaze will go a long way to making it better.

Geoff