Time for a new camcorder

pontyslapper

Right guys - thinking caps on...

I'm in the market for a new camcorder - nowt wrong with the old one apart from its just 'old' - its a Canon MV630i - its been a trooper but I feel I must retire it to my parents so they can collect decent memories of their 2 new granddaughters.

My budget is £500 and I'm used to editing the DV stuff on the PC to a quite tidy usuable standard (several mate's weddings been done by me).

I'd like DV in and DV out, and as many features as I can get, oh and is this 3CCD malarky much cop?? Or should I ditch my currently 'cosy' editing suite and step into the world of HD??

The reason I ponder this is because my HD TV only has DVI in and component, no HDMI as I don't want kerfuffle when I'm trying to get stuff copied hither and dither for work, friends or personal. My DVD recorder is a Liteon jobbie with a 160GB HD and DV in.

What do you guys reckon?? Stay as I am and buy a new toy for my parents - say a cheapy £100-150 miniDV jobbie or ditch my kit and spend me £500 on some nice trickery?? bowdown.gif

SWMBO has sanctioned the camcorder as well as the cooker of my choice!!!

I'm now in charge of sourcing both from t'interweb.

Cooker is £570 in Currys & Comet and £410 DELIVERED on t'interweb with a firm in the Midlands! How can the big boys justify £160 over a small firm - is it pure profit or down to their overheads, or simply because they can?!?

• 2 weeks later...