Buying a 350c

nobrot

[ QUOTE ]

Can't afford a 993 and was unimpressed with the Boxter s

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not think of a very nice '86-'89 911? I've had one some years ago, and still remember it fondly. In fact it had even more true 911 feel & sound as the 993 (and I love the 993).

If you find one in good shape and low mileage, it'll only become more valuable (if you keep it that way). beerchug.gif

Welcome to the forums faithless...

Ok before i can truley advise you i need to ask some questions:

Do you drive to work? if so how far month?

Do you own a second car?

oh and what do you look for in a new car?

Depreciation can be avoided by getting a slightly order car which will have had a lot of the niggles sorted out on it and if you buy from a dealer they *might* extend warrenty so you still get 2 years.

Re the ABs... its more the lack of traction control you'll fear coming from an Audi!! smile.gif But it just takes some getting used to. And trust me when you get it right it can REALLY stop.

Which dealer won't deal?

[ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the forums faithless...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Bison, glad to be here.

I work from home so dont have that worry, but do have to go to clients occasionally. I'm not sure how many miles a year I will do, probably 10K ish? I don't have a second car but my girlie will be buying one in the new year when she passes her test (no insurance co will touch her in my cars, this is good yes?)

What am I looking for in a car...well it's got to be quicker than the TT, I want it to be me driving the car not some computer controlled gadget. It has to handle well, look good and keep me excited for 2 years. I want to get out of the car with a smile on my face and find every excuse to drive somewhere, maybe not to the office though!?

I was told at Harrogate there was no discount is this true?

Hi faithless!! Welcome to TS.net!! beerchug.gif

I had a tuscan for a year and it was my only car and loved it!! In my year of ownership i covered 9000 miles, not completely uneventful but worth it IMHO!!!

Performance wise, well lets just say the TT doesnt come close.. the aceleration is savage, and top end is eye watering!! shocked.gif The ride is firm and you really do feel part of the road, with the wider tyres it did have a tendancy to tram line a little but this was solved by reducing the width of the fronts from 225/35/18 to 235/40/18 and the rears where reduced from 255/35/18 to 245/40/18. Also if the car is properly alligned then this should not be an issue!! The lack of traction control isnt an issue as there is quite a lot of travel on the accelerator! Oversteer is there in abundance and is so controlable that you find one handed, back fishtailing around roundabouts a thing of absolute joy!! cool.gif

The looks... well i found the Tuscan absoulutely gorgeous smlove2.gif from the rear indicators, to the flowing lines of the boot and bonnet. TVR have tried to be different and stay away from the norm, for which i applaud them but, and there is only one but and it is... yeah you guessed build quality!!

PS oh and i had the pipes sleved which added to the noise (as Bision will be able to confirm).. a Tuscan at full chat was, and still is music to my ears!!

£200 fine n 6 points for 78 in a 50 part of the motorway NONO3.GIF

The heroin addict shoplifter (who had never had a job) got £20 which they added to his existing £180 which he continued to pay off at £5pw fekr.gif

And to cap it all the magistrate said I was an insult to the court fuck_scott.gif

[ QUOTE ]

£200 fine n 6 points for 78 in a 50 part of the motorway NONO3.GIF

The heroin addict shoplifter (who had never had a job) got £20 which they added to his existing £180 which he continued to pay off at £5pw fekr.gif

And to cap it all the magistrate said I was an insult to the court fuck_scott.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

See thats just disgusting...... mad.gif

Just to let everyone know that I have decided to buy one of the ltd eddition boxter 550's. I was originally unimpressed but after taking one around an airfield playing with the abs, psm etc my opinion changed. I still love the TVR and won't be racing any crazy.gif but the reliability, build and the 550 being such a good deal won me over in the end.

Thanks for you help and advice fellas beerchug.gif

post-2618-13791425588_thumb.jpg

Thanks beerchug.gif

Just have to find a way to pass 4 months now. It is astonishing that there is more pictures and information on this car here at TS than on the Porsche www, there is still only a press release and 1 pic. I was not even offered a 550 at the garage in fact I had to tell the sales guy about it. If it wasn't for TS I simply wouldn't have this wonderful motor - keep up the good work beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks beerchug.gif

Just have to find a way to pass 4 months now. It is astonishing that there is more pictures and information on this car here at TS than on the Porsche www, there is still only a press release and 1 pic. I was not even offered a 550 at the garage in fact I had to tell the sales guy about it. If it wasn't for TS I simply wouldn't have this wonderful motor - keep up the good work beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

glad you are finding ts.net useful faithless beerchug.gif spread the word!!! smashfreakB.gifnotworthy.gif