The slippery slope has caught hold of me now

Mattchaps

It would seem that attending the R32 Rolling Road day on saturday was a bad idea. Why? Because now I want to do things to the R that I said I would never do.

After doing a quick search to see my nearest tuners (from Ashford, Kent) I found and emailed Big Boys Toys and AMDTechnik (not realising they appear to be located in the same building!)

Have requested a quote for the following:-

Milltek cat-back non-res exhaust

Carbonio CAI

Remap to support the above running on 98/99 RON.

Car is a MkIV R32.

Do you think I am making the right choice re the above modifications?

Anyone had any experiences at either BBT or AMD?

Any advice on the mods or any additional things I should do whilst have these done?

Cheers, Matt 169144-ok.gif

Had a feeling about that!

AMD just got back to me with:-

Remap @ £499.00

Exhaust @ £493.56

PiperCross VIS @ £249.00

Fitting @ £175.00

Total = £1,416.56 crazy.gif

No Carbonio frown.gif - PiperCross VIS instead. Anyone got one of these? Difference comapared to Carbobio, apart from being more expensive!?

AFAIK, none of the TsN Mk4 R32 owners have run a Pipercross filter.

You won't get much of a power or torque gain (apart from induction noise) if all you're doing is adding a Milltek cat-back and a remap.

With just a cat-back and a remap, you should see 270bhp 169144-ok.gif

Matt,

I'm pretty certain my R is an AMD remap. Thing is I bought it like that with milltek Exhausts from a dealer and am sure I have the Dyno (cant remember exact bhp as well) + receipts for work done with the service manuals somewhere.

I've never driven a standard R32 so can't compare but I tell you one thing, Driving my R always brings a smile to my face and the sound...well, I love it grin.gif and so would you if you got it done.. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You won't get much of a power or torque gain (apart from induction noise) if all you're doing is adding a Milltek cat-back and a remap.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the RR day on saturday as standard she is pushing 233bhp at the clutch. So I doubt the mods would even see 270, more likely to be around 250bhp. For £1.5k, it's a lot of money for around 15-20bhp gain. The sound should make up for it tho grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From the RR day on saturday as standard she is pushing 233bhp at the clutch. So I doubt the mods would even see 270, more likely to be around 250bhp. For £1.5k, it's a lot of money for around 15-20bhp gain. The sound should make up for it tho grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a lot of wonger for such meager gains crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Thats a lot of wonger for such meager gains crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....But isn't that usually the case for such mods on a normally aspirated engine? The turbo cars deliver the most gains for your buck.

A good exhaust on any R32 brings out that glorious V6 music! notworthy.gif. IMO it's worth doing that even if nothing else.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not convinced by the figures from the RR Matt.

Many cars including Mook's have run at 270bhp with the mods he mentions. They have been dyno'd at different places too. I would take the figures from Saturday with a pinch of salt.

I think once the mods have been done, I will go back to Awesome for another RR, so I have a decent comparison 169144-ok.gif

BBT just got back to me with:-

Remap @ £399.00

Exhaust @ £493.56

PiperCross VIS @ £299.95

Fitting @ £117.50

Total = £1,310.01

So, thats £106.55 cheaper than the quote from AmD, despite them being the same company these days smashfreakB.gif

Do you think this price is reasonable?

• 2 weeks later...