Whats it worth?

S4_Dan

Hi guys,

My old man is thinking of selling his S8 and getting a S4 4.2 V8. But what is it realistically worth?

Burgundy, W reg 2000, full electric/heated front and rear grey leather, suede headlining upgrade, bose with sat nav/tv.

Basically doesnt solar roof or a fridge!

Full Audi service history and the best bit is LESS then 25K miles!!! he is 2nd owner after buying from local millionaire very early this year.

What price you think he should advertise this at?

It is completely standard and unadulterated and well looked after.

Cheers,

Dan

[ QUOTE ]

Hi guys,

My old man is thinking of selling his S8 and getting a S4 4.2 V8. But what is it realistically worth?

Burgundy, W reg 2000, full electric/heated front and rear grey leather, suede headlining upgrade, bose with sat nav/tv.

Basically doesnt solar roof or a fridge!

Full Audi service history and the best bit is LESS then 25K miles!!! he is 2nd owner after buying from local millionaire very early this year.

What price you think he should advertise this at?

It is completely standard and unadulterated and well looked after.

Cheers,

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Dan - thought you were having dads motor ?

Im not an expert, but I'll chip in what I view as the pros and cons, having recently shopped for one myself.

Nice exterior colour, Cream might have been a better interior, but I'm sure grey works too. Nice spec, sounds identical to mine, which someone should pay a little extra for (I did). Low mileage is good, and bad. Its obviously not really been used, around 4K miles per year. Lots of short runs maybe? Or a low number of long blasts, that might just be me thinking too deep. I prefer cars with a bit of history and mileage on them to prove they work 169144-ok.gif

It wouldn't surprise me if someone would pay the best part of £20 for a late model S8 with that mileage, but its only a 2000 model, so its not got (presumably) the brembo brakes, 20" wheels, sports selection on the gearbox etc....

Only two owners is nice. It would have to have Full Audi history with a service at least every 2 years to make it hold its value, even though mileage doesnt command it. I think strictly speaking Audi would have recommended a cambelt change at 7 years too (although their service book says every 80K miles, so i doubt its necessary)

Basically it'll go for whatever people will pay. Throw the used value books away as if you find the right person who desperately wants a low mileage D2 S8, then they'll pay for it. They're rare enough now. Start high and drop the price till you get sensible interest. I'd use autotrader in preference to Ebay as it generally gets better results. Use Ebay too by all means, but prices are often lower on Ebay.

Hope that helps... ?

Really nice 02 finals have been up for around £19,000 from non franchised dealers recently with 40,000 miles ish. Thats what they are up for anyway, I would surprised if there would be no movement at all on price.

Say maybe £18,500 - £18,000 for a cash deal ?

There is no doubt the most desirable cars are in silver or black with black or dark grey leather interior. Its an imotive subject colour but those are the colour schemes that tend to attract the best prices and are easiest to sell from what I have seen.

You also have to factor in that you are never going to get as much for a private sale vs dealer....

Re the car on ebay, I know someone who looked at that car its come from the isle of mann hence the very low mileage...I agree that the very low mileage is not always good from a second hand point of view. Personally I think the silver with the black leather is the best colour combo. I think you would be looking at a couple of thousand less than the motor on ebay....

I was meant to be getting it eventually, but my father's circumstances have changed somewhat, hence the decision to sell the 8 and get an S4.

It is a 'normal' S8, 18" alloys, standard S8 brakes etc etc.

I don't want him to sell it as its such a beautiful motor.

It's all in the air at the moment so nothing set in stone...but watch this space! Either someone else will own or I WILL!!!! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I was meant to be getting it eventually, but my father's circumstances have changed somewhat, hence the decision to sell the 8 and get an S4.

It is a 'normal' S8, 18" alloys, standard S8 brakes etc etc.

I don't want him to sell it as its such a beautiful motor.

It's all in the air at the moment so nothing set in stone...but watch this space! Either someone else will own or I WILL!!!! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to buy it off him, then I definitely cant see it being worth more than about 5 or 6K... sekret.gif169144-ok.gif