Polo help please. Hot/cold air & nothing between.

Muppet_man

I haven't been on here for months as I lost my father and it's taken me awhile to get over it.

Last week I picked up an 03 reg Polo 1.2 for my mum so she has a car of her own to get about in.

It's a great little car, but has two faults.

1). It only came with one key. I've ordered a new one, but can it be matched to the car without being done by the dealer?

2). The car has A/C which works well, however, if you have it on cold it works a treat. If you have it on hot it works a treat. Anything in between works for a short while and then it goes on to full hot. Is seems to me to be a problem with the motor that controls the hot/cold air flap. The motor is about £70.00, which is not the end of the world, but you seem to have to take out the dash to fit it and then have it set by the dealer to register its positions to make sure it works correctly.

Does anyone have a procedure for removing the dash on one of these as the dealers would charge over £500.00!

Thanks all.

Sorry to hear your news.

1) I'm not sure about the cutting, but I'm pretty sure the way to code them is something like putting your key in the ignition, turning it on and putting the second in the door. Very simple job.

2) This'll be in the Haynes manual, but there should be a "how to" guide somewhere on t'internet. I'll have a look-see.