Any Spider owners here?

Atomic

Kinda depends on where u live. From what I can see in Aus it's called a Spider.

That's the car...

Attractions for me here in Aus are (1) Price vs. alternatives (2) Open Top (3) Alfa Styling.

Are they any good?

Heres the URL from local car sales website. Not sure if it's the facelift model though, they may have arrived later... everything else does!

http://www.drive.com.au/Search/SearchRes...2004&from=4

Yes in isolation. Not compared to the competition though.

Cabrio variants of coupes are not my cup of tea. Especially ones as slow as the Spider. Still looks pretty 10 years on though.

You'd be better off with a TT Roadster, or if the budget allows, an early Boxster 2.7.

Ian

I'd love a roadster but would prefer a S2000 overall (not much of a fan of the boxter).

TT Roadsters around this age though are significantly more expensive over here... those alfas I linked were around $24k-$30k, TT Roadsters are nearer $45-$50k i.e. twice as much. I guess I could go older but it would still be more expensive. An S2000 would be comparible to a TT and the boxter would be a massive $90k+

I do like the styling of the Spyders and quite frankly i'm not going to be going far or fast in it so I really dont need to move up the performance rance. Even the older ones (70's/80's etc.) still look fab imo.

• 3 weeks later...