Which one is a fake GTI?...

RedRobin

[ QUOTE ]

Apart from the badging I don't think it is so bad to emulate the style of a sportier model eg tinted lights, spoiler, wheels etc. as they look better which is why VW style them different to the base model. Must admit the R32 replica I saw with twin zorsts but still the std interior etc. did look rather poor though so maybe this one is more of an affront to a GTi owner ?

[/ QUOTE ]

....I'm fairly open minded to what people do re body styling - It's their car to do what they like with - But I don't necessarily like their results. What I don't like is imitation/fake/pretending to be something they're not. Some may not like the cosmetic mods on my GTI but at least it's not pretending to be a R32 and it has performance mods too (done before anything cosmetic).

169144-ok.gif

THink it's always a giggle when a de-badged fast car takes on a tarted up boy-racer at the lights - my kind of heaven!

Best ever was a friend in Dublin who had an M5 with 'winter wheels' (i.e. steel wheels with plastic hubcaps)and was de-badged. Just watching it disappear from lights in front of big-engined Mercs was a laugh!