STOP - brake fault

mcnalu

This message flashed up for a second or so last week and has not reappeared since. It came up as I went over a speed bump, going down hill, rounding a 90o bend [joy of local roads]. I wasn't going too fast, but I think I did brake going over the bump.

I've noticed no other problem with the brakes at any point.

Can someone tell me what this message means? The manual is clear as mud on this. The car's a 51 plate 2.0SE with ABS.

thanks

Andrew

Did it actually say STOP-brake fault,or are you asking if the STOP sign meant brake fault?

If it only flashed up STOP then it would have been the oil surging to one side of the engine round the sharp bend.It would for a split second have assumed you were low on oil,hence the message.

If it flashed up that whole message then I'll get my coat! bike.thumb.gif

Yes it said all those words: "STOP - brake fault"

It happened again this morning, shortly after I posted the message! I'd just turned out onto the main road after a cold start. Message disappeared out almost immediately.

The fluid level looks ok, but it's hard to see through that silly grill so I will double check.

thanks

Andrew

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

ideal, im gonna whip the wheels off and check the sensors first, simply to see if there is anything blazingly obvious there, like it coming lose. if i can avoid doing a diagnostics i will simply due to the price of the tests.

hopefuly i will find something that will make me smile, all be it a lose wire:)