Hi... (some chat about F1 and stuff)

mrmaniac

Sirs...

Hello to you all; greetings from some place within Europe.

I have been a viewer of this forum for an implausibly long time, but until now have been unable to sign up due to having a Hotmail account as my primary e-mail domain. Bother.

I must say; Johan, you are an astonishing being, your wit and humour within these four walls of Sniff Petrol bears no comparison. I am forever in your debt. smile.gif

Anyway, the race and world Championship. This is where my lack of membership, up to now, frustrates me, as I'd much rather have offered some constructive comment and debate DURING the season, rather than at the end of it where most of the key points have been largely forgotten as we watched "Britain's Lewis Hamilton" fritter away a 17-point lead over Kimi in two races! 17 POINTS!!!

Most disappointing for all fans of "Britain's Lewis Hamilton" (note that this epithet (I think it's an epithet?!) is being repeated by me every time I mention His name, since ITV's coverage appears to have been entirely referring to him in this way, all season long, every time they're given a microphone)...

Jenson Button and Ant-nee Davidson, along with Crazy D, are also of "Britain", but never received the illustrious status of the title "Britain's" as a prefix to their names.

Also, it's come to my attention that at any one Grand Prix, there were no less than 21 drivers participating besides Britain's Lewis Hamilton! However, following ITV's coverage this season, one could be forgiven for assuming the other 21 vehicles what done proceeded around the race track at any one time, were all just Scalextric cars or robots or something, so irrelevant were they when compared to the beautiful car driven expertly by none other than Britain's Lewis Hamilton.

I have heard rumour also that his "gearbox malfunction" in Brazil was, infact, an accidental pressing of a button used for the starting sequence, putting the car into neutral - in other words, he switched his car off and had to "reboot" the gearbox, though McLaren have come out to deny these claims:

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2821749,00.html

Final reflections from me then - decent season of racing, though there were some dismal races too. Alonso was vilified beyond the point of reason by the British press, but since vice versa applied with the Spanish press regarding Hamilton, there's little problem with that from me. I have always admired Alonso since he thrashed Tarso Marques in a Minardi a few years ago, and continue to do so despite this not being "the done thing" in the land of Britain's Lewis Hamilton. Raikkonen won the most races so is probably a fair champion, but I think a little credit must go to Alonso, as with his situation, most drivers would not have ended up still in with a chance of fighting for the title at the last race. It takes some doing to have all this off-the-track stuff (so much of it fabricated, but that argument is for another time) and still finish one point off the title.

I seriously doubt that whoever may replace Alonso next year (should he leave) will be happy there either - how can you be, when the other driver in the team may as well be the son of the boss? It's not healthy and McLaren is infact Team Hamilton in all but name, and perhaps should consider operating under that banner next season, running just the one car. Actually that's not such a bad idea; it would certainly get around the FIA's hatred of the name "McLaren", wouldn't it??

Cheers,

mr_m smile.gif

beerchug.gif