Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
garcon magnifique

UK model 2008 Impreza STI revealed

34 posts in this topic

Had a drive of one today.

I'm sold. It's my Legacy and the old Impreza rolled into one, with more power and better handling. +++

Not ordered yet, but it's only a matter of time. :cool:

Prodrive Performance Pack seems to be a way off yet ... but I'm not sure it needs it! :eek:

Looks pretty good, alot better than some of the earlier pics. A bit Focus-like, which is a great looking hatch. Prodrive version should be great fun!!

Had a drive of one today.

I'm sold. It's my Legacy and the old Impreza rolled into one, with more power and better handling. +++

Not ordered yet, but it's only a matter of time. :cool:

Prodrive Performance Pack seems to be a way off yet ... but I'm not sure it needs it! :eek:

So how quick is it?

Not going to chop the WR1 in (except for a type 25 at some point:roflmao:)

But interested to see if the "ugly scoobie" has a future....

It doesn't perhaps 'feel' quite as quick as the saloon, and in truth it probably isn't quite as quick as the WR1. But that's partly because it's more refined than the old car.

It IS very quick, and I once you've got the hang of it I don't doubt it'll be quicker than the STI saloon around the twisties ... wider track and longer wheelbase should help see to that.

Seen a few at work, looks good I think its a grower. +++

What are they going for and what kit is standard? I bet the MPG isn't that hot, but hey who cares ... :roflmao:

Basic list is £26k and a bit. (Up from £25k at launch cos of currency fluctuations!).

Add satnav (includes bluetooth, dvd etc), 18" alloys, fogs, tints and a couple of bits and it's around £30k.

The SI-drive mapping and a reasonably tall 6th gear means it's actually quite good on mpg when you're not in tarmac stage attack mode. :grin: (High 20s certainly achievable).

Basic list is £26k and a bit. (Up from £25k at launch cos of currency fluctuations!).

Add satnav (includes bluetooth, dvd etc), 18" alloys, fogs, tints and a couple of bits and it's around £30k.

The SI-drive mapping and a reasonably tall 6th gear means it's actually quite good on mpg when you're not in tarmac stage attack mode. :grin: (High 20s certainly achievable).

So PPP will probably make it 33K?

I'm at the stealers tomorrow; might have a look around...

So PPP will probably make it 33K?

If and when they finish development. :grin: