UK Docs on Import ED 30

Waddler

Just went to check my new Ed 30 Imported from Germany. Car looks spot on. Only one nagging doubt is over the Handbook and Service History Manual. The car is genuine EU car UK spec but the Service book is in German with dealer stamp etc. That's fine by me but I obviously want UK docs. The salesmen told me that he will fax off a copy of the PDI along with the reg doc and VW will send out the the UK versions by post.

Seems genuine to me but though i'd check experience on the site.

It is not at all unusual for imports to come with foreign language manuals etc. so I would'nt worry too much. There has been a shortage of UK manuals for quite some time....not sure if this is now sorted.

The important thing is that the PDI has been done, and is stamped and dated by the supplying dealer (German). This is the date from which your warranty and VW Roadside Assist will start, once registered with VW UK.

If you look on E-bay you will find a full set of GTI English manuals if you really get stuck. Here is an example.

I have also just taken delivery of an ED30 from All Brands New (2 weeks ago in fact) and my manuals were also German. I have already received my registration document and have now registered the car with VW UK myself - just awaiting the VW Assist Card etc. I found All Brands New very efficient and helpful in all my dealings - part ex, finance and new car 169144-ok.gif

The only non UK spec item on my car was a puncture repair kit instead of a spacesaver spare wheel. Since I was part exchanging my old GTi, they let me swap this over with my existing unused spacesaver. Did you check yours ?

Hope your purchase goes as smoothly as mine, and keep us posted how you get on 169144-ok.gif

Yes, I faxed and e-mailed my V5 Registration document and the data pages from the service book (PDI stamp page and page with the vehicle data white sticker). All Brands New did offer to to this for me, they have a sheet of paper with all the instructions and contact telephone nos. / faxes / e-mails for VW Customer Care - they will give you this on collection.

I also informed VW UK that my car was set to Longlife servicing - otherwise they put in a default of time & distance on their database for all imports frown.gif. Caused a bit of confusion with my last GTi at it's first service. You should have a sticker inside the drivers door that says it is set to Longlife (in German grin.gif)

It is worth doing asap for warranty and VW roadside assistance cover.

Good luck next week ! I'm sure you'll love the car 169144-ok.gif