Just a couple of questions

bugsymania

Hi, Having read through lots of very useful advice on this forum, there a couple of things I'd like to check.

I have a diamond black Golf GTI, which has unfortunately picked up a few swirls, probably due to my poor wash technique, before I discovered this site!

I don't have a PC and don't really trust myself with one so want to try and improve the appearance by hand.

Am I right in thinking that Autoglym Super resin polish can be used to 'fill' the swirls? I have a bottle that is about 12 months old, I stopped using it because I thought that it's mild abrasives had contributed to the swirled appearance.

Can you clay a car too often?

I have been using Megs NXT tech wax, can I apply this on top of the SRP?

Thanks

[ QUOTE ]

Am I right in thinking that Autoglym Super resin polish can be used to 'fill' the swirls? I have a bottle that is about 12 months old, I stopped using it because I thought that it's mild abrasives had contributed to the swirled appearance.

[/ QUOTE ]

SRP itself wouldn't have contributed to the swirls - these are far more likely to be inflicted during the washing and/or drying stage. What were you using to apply it?

With SRP, as long as you use a good quality applicator and clean microfibre for removal then you should be fine.

Also apply small amounts, you'll know when you're using too much as it dusts quite badly upon removal.

As mentioned, is most cases it's the wash & dry process that can cause the swirling. 169144-ok.gif