Wii goes short again this Christmas!

Dave

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

the cynical side of me says that this is staged to create extra demand. crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

While the Wii is definitely selling stupidly large amounts, there should be no reason why they couldn't have built up stocks to cope with xmas.

That said, i may just sell mine when the prices on ebay get stupid sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

the cynical side of me says that this is staged to create extra demand. crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

While the Wii is definitely selling stupidly large amounts, there should be no reason why they couldn't have built up stocks to cope with xmas.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's no hidden gossip, they just cant make them quick enough!

[ QUOTE ]

I agree Dave, I was also reading today that you used to be able to order them from Amazon in Germany and France, but they've now stopped shipping to the UK just on the Wii, Why ?sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is nintendo'S way of keeping the wii in the limelight there is no way they have stock issue. Throughout the year you could get them no problem now all of a sudden there seems to be no stock anywhere. Very Clever!

Have you seen their sales figures? (they are impressive!)

They are NOT restricting supply!

Main reason is with consoles its essential to build a big user base asap.

People stay loyal because of their investment in the hardware and then buy games for the console they have. So whoever sells consoles quickly first, will end up selling more games too (in general)

Hence both MS and Sony are desperate for users right now as Nintendo are selling like hotcakes and exceeding their forecasts.

Funny thing is, lots of people are buying a Wii and a PS3/xbox. So Nintendo are laughing either way.

....And check out Nintendos stock value!"!

I'm sure they are not restricting supply, but what a clever way to generate sales.

Create an imaginary shortage, so that people dash out and buy now!

Nintendo have caught the gaming world asleep.. Microsoft and Sony both spent fortunes on cutting edge graphics and speed, and Nintendo went back to simple game play.. good games that any age can play.. genius.

You can no longer order from Amazon anywhere in Europe if it is going to the UK. Nintendo have put a stop to it!!

I love Nintendo games, but as a company they are complete sharks!

Read "Game Over" by David Sheff I think it is, Nintendos battle to dominate the industry, a very interesing insight into how these massive Japanese corporations work.

I've just tried to UK address:

*** Cet article ne peut malheureusement pas être expédié à l'adresse sélectionnée. Vous pouvez modifier l'adresse de livraison ou retirer cet article de votre commande en remplaçant la quantité par 0, puis en cliquant sur le bouton « Mettre à jour »

[ QUOTE ]

I've just tried to UK address:

*** Cet article ne peut malheureusement pas être expédié à l'adresse sélectionnée. Vous pouvez modifier l'adresse de livraison ou retirer cet article de votre commande en remplaçant la quantité par 0, puis en cliquant sur le bouton « Mettre à jour »

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

This item unfortunately cannot be dispatched to the selected address. You can modify the address of delivery or withdraw this item of your order in substitute the quantity by 0, then while clicking on the button "To Update

[/ QUOTE ]

I was offered them at £220 each the other day and had 9 people who said no problem to that price, however I had to buy 20 of the fecking things!!

We said we may all chip in fuel and tunnel fees and grab 10 in France, still works out around £210 each, but means someone gets to stock up on winter drinks!!