Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonC

DSG badge and red GTI front grill badge

33 posts in this topic

Found on www.need4street.de (European counterpart to www.oempl.us), chrome "DSG" self-adhesive badge to (ideally) fit under the chrome GTI badge on the rear. With shipping and insurance costs, they're coming in at approx Euros 32 or £24:

www.need4street.de/index.php/cat/c1575_Golf-MK5.html

They can also get the stunning red GTI front grill badges for approx Euros 76 or £54, but be prepared to wait as they take at least 4-6 weeks to be delivered apparently.

Contact is Holger Auernhammer: mail@need4street.de or www.need4street.de 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

These look handy Filler cap

[/ QUOTE ]

Firefox translated that for me... yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Now you can make your car with the help of a Schnelltankverschlusses refuel how it from the DTM and Formula 1. Einfach Zapfpistole reinstecken und tanken. Simply tap pistol reinstecken and refuel. Sie müssen den Tankdeckel nicht mehr abschrauben! They have the tank lid no longer unscrew! Möglich wird dies durch den patentierten Schnellverschluss, der MECROM easycap. This is made possible by the patented quick release, the MECROM easycap. Die easycap wird einfach an Stelle des Tankdeckels aufgeschraubt. The easycap will simply replace the tank lid on it. Sensationell, nie wieder stinkende und schmierige Finger! Sensational, and never again smelly fishy fingers!

[/ QUOTE ]

The red badges can be done yourself. The front badge has the letters just stuck on. Small blade and carefully prize them off. Stick the new ones directly on.

Just done mine front and rear.

I have a contact in the states who gets them. They are OEM.

Chris.

Where do you get the red letters from, Chris? 169144-ok.gif

Had them from a guy in the states. They are from the mkiv anniversary model (US). They come with the Rabbit emblem which you just bin. All in the oem packaging straight from the dealer.

Chris.

I take it that badge is for the rear and comprises of 3 individual letters? Have you come across the red front grill emblems at all? I've found them on US and other European sites, but with international bank transfer fees nd the cost of the badge comes in at about £75! confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I take it that badge is for the rear and comprises of 3 individual letters? Have you come across the red front grill emblems at all? I've found them on US and other European sites, but with international bank transfer fees nd the cost of the badge comes in at about £75! confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You can put them on the front, as I have done. You just remove the 3 individual letters from the front badge (I heated them slightly with a heat gun and they peeled off easily) Then you just stick on the red ones. They are the correct size, so it's a perfect fit.

£75!!!!

Three red letters which I won't see when I'm driving or a tank and a half of fuel - think I know which I'd take...

...and once the 'scroats' realise the cost of them they will soon start disappearing off cars.

....Would be cool to see a pic of your new DSG badge when fitted 169144-ok.gif.

To VW fans, they will undertand what DSG is. However to the wider public, I suspect that they will think you have a diesel powered GTI UHOH7.GIF

Just my opinion of course but the GTI has bee developed as a 'brand' and therefore the less badging the better smile.gif

Ok, I've been a while waiting for this as I was awaiting a reply from the guy in the states. He's ok to get a few more of the red badges. They are the OEM from the US 20th anniversary models. As said previously the front one is done by removing the silver lettering from the backing and replacing with the red letters. Rear is just a swap too.

Mine were $75 shipped and got here in a couple of days.

Thats for a pair too btw.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll pass on the contact details.

Chris.

I hear what your saying, but what the wider audience think doesn't bother me; the select few will know and I suspect very few have these DSG badges on their cars (I may be wrong) which, IMHO, does look great and that is, afer all, why I bought one. I agree, the GTI is a brand and a brand that, like you and everyone else on this GTI and other such forums, hold in very high regard. I have chosen to personalise my small corner of the brand by advertising the dynamic gearbox that the car comes with - after all, its a wonderful piece of kit and I don't think I'll ever switch back to a manual ever again! The wider audience will also know its not a diesel when I become a small dot on the horizon thanks to my Revo remap and other trick goodies! 169144-ok.gif

Below are a few shots of the new DSG rear badge:

[image]X:\1Period\Jon\Photos\DSG1[/image]

[image]X:\1Period\Jon\Photos\DSG2[/image]

[image]X:\1Period\Jon\Photos\DSG3[/image] 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Below are a few shots of the new DSG rear badge:

[image]X:\1Period\Jon\Photos\DSG1[/image]

[image]X:\1Period\Jon\Photos\DSG2[/image]

[image]X:\1Period\Jon\Photos\DSG3[/image] 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

have you uploaded your pics as the url seems to point to your hdd. confused.gif

Just realised that I don't know how to attach the images.... blush.gifconfused.gif

if the images are small enough then you can upload them singly to a post i.e. you will have to post three times as you have 3 pics, each post having a different pic.

alternatively upload the pic to somewhere like photobucket or your own webspace (if you have some) then link the urls in your posting here.