Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonC

DSG badge and red GTI front grill badge

33 posts in this topic

Ok, this time they're attached:

DSG_1.JPGDSG_2.JPGDSG_3.JPG169144-ok.gif

Sorry Jon but I think its looks dreadful imo...not even the same font.

Messing with the iconic 'GTI' on the rear is a no no imo but each to their own of course.

I like the DSG badge as when i pass a recovery truck with a GTI on the back i will then know why its there if it has this badge. tongue.gifgrin.gifwink.gifsekret.giflol.gif

Not a fan of the DSG I take it? lol.gif

....I think that Snoopy is an 'old school' very experienced mechanic and tends to distrust the long term reliability of electronic gizmos. Or at least he has strong preferences. Very knowledgable chappie though 169144-ok.gif.

Sure; there's a lot to said for such knowledge and experience. The fact that the DSG is such a modern concept is half the reason why I like it so much! Fair do's, there's an argument for both sides. 169144-ok.gif

....I'm the same as you, Jon: I enjoy modern technology and the DSG is superb. I think that its clutches are far better protected by the DSG safeguards than the use of a human foot!

'experienced mechanic' and 'old school' i like them terms, and its how i see myself really but my money was made working for firms inc SUNmicrosystems, TRW automotive etc as an electronics design engineer at the deep end, so you could say i know the elctronic side of things too. Dual clutchs maybe a slightly more modern concept but its not the first company to use a electronic controlled clutch on a manual box. I don't have a problem with DSG as i drive one regular but a few have suffered problems and i get to hear about them due to my brother working in the trade and the one i drive still has the abrupt take up that makes it feel like an old style auto winding up that bit i do hate.