News - Audi Cross Cabriolet Concept

News_Stig

As pointless as it looks, IMO this concept is probably just a cleverly disguised hint at the upcoming Q5, showcasing both it and the A3 Cabriolet, as it looks to me like the latter's body with Q5 design elements (rear, front, side). All the guts are there underneath, so all it really needs is two more doors and a real roof.

Some real life pics from the LA show:

112_2007_los_angeles_01z+audi_cross_cabriolet_quattro_concept+front_view.jpg

112_2007_los_angeles_02z+audi_cross_cabriolet_quattro_concept+front_three_quarter_view.jpg

112_2007_los_angeles_04z+audi_cross_cabriolet_quattro_concept+rear_three_quarter_view.jpg

112_2007_los_angeles_03z+audi_cross_cabriolet_quattro_concept+side_view.jpg

112_2007_los_angeles_07z+audi_cross_cabriolet_quattro_concept+interior.jpg

112_2007_los_angeles_06z+audi_cross_cabriolet_quattro_concept+rear_three_quarter_view.jpg

I know it looks a bit minging, but I've been moaning about the lack of 4x4 cabriolets to my buddies for ages.

For people like me, that live down a track and wander around the countryside all the time, and also love roof-down driving, its a pretty good compromise.

It must be a heavy piece of lard though, if the 3.0tdi takes over 7 seconds to get to 60 compared to the A5 in sub 6 seconds.

Pricing will probably ensure it only sells to people with no real need for it though. grr.

[ QUOTE ]

I know it looks a bit minging, but I've been moaning about the lack of 4x4 cabriolets to my buddies for ages.

For people like me, that live down a track and wander around the countryside all the time, and also love roof-down driving, its a pretty good compromise.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you never considered one of these, the ideal solution to your dilemma?

711px-Suzuki_X-90_blue.jpg