iphone

Ari

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Good to play with for a minute but not much after that, if failed miserably on the gadget show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know 3 or 4 people with them and they all love them still.

[/ QUOTE ]

Course they do why would you buy it say its rubbish, well I guess some might. A few people have got them at work but its not doing it for me I'm afraid not sure why. I guess I don't want to take a step back in some of the technology areas for a new interface and a bigger screen and worse battery life. smirk.gif

When no other device combines all the features (not including hardware for a second) how is it a step back?

Personally I've not got one because its an expensive piece of kit that I wouldn't utilise, but my boss has one and so far has no complaints and isn't missing 3g connectivity, that might be because he doesn't travel much for a job and our office is in the high street and has good wifi including edge coverage but even so, for 1 hand held device it ticks so many boxes.

One down side he's noticed so far, is that because the text messaging works in the same way iChat works, remembering the conversation/previous txts in a continuous list if you want, you end up texting a lot more than the traditional phones.

illustrative purpose only - not the actual thing but you get the idea

ichat_screeshot1_20051012.jpg

Its a good bit of kit but like you said.... if somebody doesnt need the feature then there isnt a point.... its too plastic aswell.....

Anyway a phone is a phone... if thats all you need then the 8910i should do fine... really regret not having it anymore.... its was solid.... the new 8600 ive got is still good though.

I hear Vodafone are trying to secure right to sell the next 3G iPhone in the UK......

Riz pengy.gif

Anyone else heard the news that the iPhone sends personal data back to Apple via the Weather and Stocks applications?

Apple have stated that "… when you interact with Apple, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; your credit card information and information about the Apple products you own, such as their serial numbers and date of purchase; and information relating to a support or service issue."

sekret.gif

You wait until the google os comes out for phones, now they are gonna do some insane data collection on search trends relating to your current geo location so they can push location / related search info adverts to you to help you spend money!

grin.gif Indeed the people I know with one say they are great, then again agfter coughing up £270 + £35 a month for 18 months, I would say it was the best thing since sliced bread yelrotflmao.gif

grin.gif Its a bit big, technologically outdated and within seconds it will be covered in greasy fingerprints and scratches like all other Apple 'touch' products yelrotflmao.gif

Yeah and in Germany Vodafone have challenged that you can't buy it unlocked, against their laws apparently. So now T-mobile have said you can but unlocked but it will cost $1500. About the same as buying it and paying the line rental. grin.gif

If it had 3.5g, a great camera and battery life up there with similar phones then it might get a look in, but even then as Bazza mentioned the size of it and the marks on the screen are still problems that after a year mean it won't look so hot anymore. Oh and then you will have battery issues and they don't make those that easy to change do they. coffee.gif

We have a batch in from the US which were "somehow" unlocked and they do look good and the interface is smart but as a phone NO. As a gadget poss but my one third of the size nokia 6300 does 90% of the stuff better. Ok I have to push buttons but hey I can live with that. If I want to ius ethe Internet for more than 5 mins I will use the laptop or a PC.

[ QUOTE ]

We have a batch in from the US which were "somehow" unlocked and they do look good and the interface is smart but as a phone NO. As a gadget poss but my one third of the size nokia 6300 does 90% of the stuff better. Ok I have to push buttons but hey I can live with that. If I want to ius ethe Internet for more than 5 mins I will use the laptop or a PC.

[/ QUOTE ]

169144-ok.gif

Give the 6300 better battery life and make it take the bigger memory cards without issue and what more could you want?

I've played with a couple of them now. And the hardware is fantastic, and the UI is stunning. But it really is seriously flawed.

My main 3 things (in order of usage) i do on my phone are :-

Texting

Camera

Phone calls.

Texting is just a nightmare with the iphone, because it doesn't have keys. i can text stupidly fast, without ever looking at the phone, yet thats impossible with the iphone.

The camera is rubbish, its about 3 generations behind what Nokia/SE/etc have been producing on high end phones.

Calling is ok though.

The american market is very different to the UK, and i can see why its a hit over there, but here, its rubbish. Id spend the money on a Nokia N95, and an ipod touch, probably cost the same, and get everything the iphone can do, and a decent phone to boot.