S5 wait!!

kenny_boon

Doesn't matter who you phone. If you order an S5 now the earliest you will see it will be July.

The wait is excessive, but it just shows what can happen if a manufacturer gets it right. A long waiting list and no chance of discount tongue.gif They announced the 1.8T a couple of months back and after 3 weeks withdrew orders because they can't even build the current models fast enough frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

someone has told me that there is a wait until late may/june if ordering an S5 now.

i have never bought a new car but i think in todays market i believe that the wait is excessive. can they just not make enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is excessive I would be very surprised If you were not able to find one by contacting dealers. Try a broker who generally come up trumps loads on the internet.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

someone has told me that there is a wait until late may/june if ordering an S5 now.

i have never bought a new car but i think in todays market i believe that the wait is excessive. can they just not make enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is excessive I would be very surprised If you were not able to find one by contacting dealers. Try a broker who generally come up trumps loads on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case I'd by pass any on line broker and just spend that 30 minutes on the telephone as I know for a fact that there are some-very few however-physical cars out there and ready to go now.

[ QUOTE ]

Amazing, there's a big wait for an Audi that doesn't start with R or T.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true.

The rest of the A5 range doesn't seem to be doing as well. Apparently the normal A5's aren't selling as well as expected and judging by some of the leasing offers that are starting to appear that looks like the case.

It just so happens that when passing Harold Wood Audi today, I stopped in to see what I might see. There was a black S5 outside. Whilst I was drooling, a chap popped out for a smoke. I suggested to him that it was lovely wasnt it? His reply was that it was his! He was there to collect it....yummy! cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true.

The rest of the A5 range doesn't seem to be doing as well. Apparently the normal A5's aren't selling as well as expected and judging by some of the leasing offers that are starting to appear that looks like the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

What sort of leasing deals are you referring to here please?

I understand from my Audi sources that the A5 has and is selling very well indeed. The take up for the S5 and 2.7 Multi has been especially strong.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand from my Audi sources that the A5 has and is selling very well indeed. The take up for the S5 and 2.7 Multi has been especially strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

The offers I've been sent are that the 2.7 is available for £399+ vat and the 3.0 is £440 +vat per month. The S5 comes in nearer £600.

Considering that leather, xenons, and auto are standard the £399 rate looks very good value. A 320D coupe would set you back around £360 a month without the leather, auto and the V6 engine 169144-ok.gif

Getting very tempted by the 2.7 myself, just hoping that the offers are still available in a month or so 169144-ok.gif

Having said that I've been sent an offer of £419 + vat for a 335D Coupe. Which also looks very good value. To be honest I wonder if the impending capital allowance changes from April 2008 are having an impact on prices with manufacturers pushing vehicles out before April. According to one of the top tax lecturers in the country lease prices for high polluting vehicles will substainially rise after April due to the vastly reduced Capital Allowances.

There are 12 on Autotrader - some with no miles, no premium, some demonstrators.

Not sure of the list on this, but it must be more than this:

2007 57 Reg AUDI S5 4.2 quattro

Price: £42,500

2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 1,200 miles, Metallic Black, 1 Owner. Bang and olufsen sound system, Adaptive lights, TV Tuner with digital and analogue recep, DAB Digital Radio, Telephone prep in front centre armrest, Dvd Sat Nav, ABS, Alloy wheels, Climate Control, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Front armrest, Electrically adjustable seats, Headlight washers, Folding rear seats, Leather seats, Immobiliser, Park distance control, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Side airbags, Radio/CD, Sports seats, Traction control, Heated seats. UK Car.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The offers I've been sent are that the 2.7 is available for £399+ vat and the 3.0 is £440 +vat per month. The S5 comes in nearer £600.

Considering that leather, xenons, and auto are standard the £399 rate looks very good value. A 320D coupe would set you back around £360 a month without the leather, auto and the V6 engine 169144-ok.gif

Getting very tempted by the 2.7 myself, just hoping that the offers are still available in a month or so 169144-ok.gif

Having said that I've been sent an offer of £419 + vat for a 335D Coupe. Which also looks very good value. To be honest I wonder if the impending capital allowance changes from April 2008 are having an impact on prices with manufacturers pushing vehicles out before April. According to one of the top tax lecturers in the country lease prices for high polluting vehicles will substainially rise after April due to the vastly reduced Capital Allowances.

[/ QUOTE ]

So any deposit required and what time frame do they want you to keep the cars for?. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These are contract hire yes?

And for business customers only?

Yep contract hire, 2 or 3 year contracts. Deposit is 3 payments followed by either 23 or 35 payments depending on contract length.

Gareth, the offers doesn't seem to be restricted to business users only as the personal contract hire rate is the same but obviously with VAT added on top.

As accountants we are finding more and more of our clients switching to contract hire. I think people like the fixed costs whithout having to worry about negotiating trade-in values, discounts etc. Just run the car for a couple of years hand it back and then find another cheap deal.

Merlot, I totally agree if you like to add options then contract hire is not the best way to finance your vehicle but if you can find a car with a nice standard spec then it does seem to be a good alternative to owning the vehicle.