fuel economy

brn7y

Same here, always notice a drop in consumption as the weather gets colder, denser air demands more fuel but gives more power, increase use of lights etc. Add to the fact that the petrol suppliers have now probably switched to winter fuel when the weather on odd days can still be quite mild.

[ QUOTE ]

My A4 2.0tdi fuel economy has really got bad since the last tank full, gone from averaging 46mpg to 38mpg, driving behaviour is the same what should I check out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tyre Pressure?

Exhaust blowing (unlikely on such a young car but it's possible)?

Different sources of fuel?

Winter (as mentioned)

Could be any of the above...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

5 mile commute to work

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch! Does it even get warm before you get to work..?!

I presume it gets some good long blasts over the weekend 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The 5 mile commute does take nearly half an hour, so the oil temperature normally gets up to nearly 100.

Tomorrow it's getting a long blast to Calais and back for some booze shopping! - one of the advantages of an Avant, you can bring a lot of booze back home very quickly!!!

[ QUOTE ]

This may sound mad but here goes!!

Car went into stealers for a service 3 months ago where it recieved a software update. After service I averaged 37-38mpg, before circa 31-32mpg.

went back for another service last week and now Im back to 31-32mpg. why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could it just be coincidence? The weather is much colder now than 3 months ago and my Diesel drank more at this time of year.

Not coincidence as I always check consumption for every journey i do and the tempreture has been steady between -2 and 2 for the last few weeks. Nothing on the service log to indicate they did somthing with the software. Only thing I can think about is that some filters have been changed that may alter it. ie the last air filters were better quality than the new ones?

Got me annoyed though

• 3 weeks later...