Pogo Drive - Revised Software - Latest News

helfinger

Just to let you know about some new info on the pogo drive unit.

As some of you have been aware there have been a number of software issues as regards to the Pogo Dives functionality.

I'm pleased to say that origin has been working over the last few months to address all the issues people have been having. As of today there is a totally new software update available to download for existing users:

The new updates are as follows:

1) Brand New Map Graphics/Road Names

2)Latest Released Version Of NAVTEQ UK Mapping

3) Software bugs Fixed

Speed Camera Updates :

4) Specs Personal Average speed alerts is now added to the unit (as on the pogo Alert)

5) The store camera locations now works smile.gif

also

6) In aprox 1 weeks time the unit will also have mobile Camera Hotspots added on to the Camera database as will the pogo alert.

Pogo GPS

• 2 months later...

Hmmmm.....

Anyone else experience any problems with PogoAlert causing lots of interference with FM radio ? I called technical support but they just said 'Yeah it sometimes does that, you can try resetting the device that sometimes fixes it" WTF I cant listen to the radio frown.gif

Seems like the original joys of my PogoAlert are fading fast frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm.....

Anyone else experience any problems with PogoAlert causing lots of interference with FM radio ? I called technical support but they just said 'Yeah it sometimes does that, you can try resetting the device that sometimes fixes it" WTF I cant listen to the radio frown.gif

Seems like the original joys of my PogoAlert are fading fast frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

mine doesnt do that. apart from an occasional dodgy power connector it is fine tongue.gif

• 1 month later...

How does the Pogo Drive/Alert fix to the dash, I've sent the vent clamp thingybob, but I've an Origin B2 at present and was thinking og upgrading, the B2 was hardwired as the cradle sat nicely on the dash, but is this the same for the Pogo Drive/alert or can it not be hardwired?

Any pics please?

TIA 169144-ok.gif

Hi Moschops,

The Alert is via 'sticky base' or 'window suction clamp' with interchangable mount/clip.... You can attach the included laser detector to the window clamp if you like...

From memory the Drive is by 'window suction clamp'.

The Alert in a really dinky unit, the Drive more like a 'pocketpc / pda'.

Hope that helps,

Lee

• 1 month later...

Tom,

Your message box is full....:eek:

Hi Tom,

Okay, new car should be arriving soon, so I'd like some prices etc on replacing my Origin B2 with a Pogo drive.

My Origin had a hard wired car kit with the aerial and laser sensor, which the dummies in the garage left in the car despite being told and re-assuring me it would be removed (they are prepared to pay towards the replacement ;))

So all I have left is the B2 unit, Pyramid and USB cable and it's still boxed. Oh it still got its subscription until later this year.

So what will I need to put it into the new Golf?

Also is it worth me taking out the 3 year subscription they are currently offering for £99 ?

TIA

Wayne

PM me if you like...thanks

PS working nights until Thursday AM+++

Sorry Wayne, missed your last question, I originally had a 'Pogo Drive' which was steaming smelly pants!!!! (see my review elsewhere on this forum)

Got that changed for a 'Pogo Alert' and its brilliant! I'm guessing both products must have come from different manufactures, they're just chalk and cheese.

I'm about to call up and get the 3yr subscription offer today.

HTH,

Lee

Thanks Lee,

I believe the Pogo Drive now has updated software? Left a message for Tom to call me as I want to change my B2 unit.

Need to be quick though as I'm still umming and arrgghing re the 3 year subscription.....:confused:

Have spoken to Tom, Pogo Drive ordered...+++

• 1 month later...