360 rings of death

Dave

[ QUOTE ]

Extending the warranty for 3 years and repairing the boxes has cost them over that, but good on them for doing so. The 360 has a large fan base. If they didn't do something they'd erode customer confidence in the product.

[/ QUOTE ]

The warranty has been extended?

Is this for all xbox owners or for people who have had the rings of death?

Not my Elite no

But....

My original 360 was.

I changed the whole case to a black one 3 days after the original 1 year warranty ran out.

3 weeks after that I got the 3 red lights just a while before they announced that they were extending the warranty to 3 years smashfreakB.gif

(I went out and brought a core package as a stop gap until the elite was released)

So therefore as far as MS are concerned my 360 is modded so no free repairs frown.gif

Keep meaning to send the busted one away to Scotland to get repaired but haven't got around to it yet slap.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Not my Elite no

But....

My original 360 was.

I changed the whole case to a black one 3 days after the original 1 year warranty ran out.

3 weeks after that I got the 3 red lights just a while before they announced that they were extending the warranty to 3 years smashfreakB.gif

(I went out and brought a core package as a stop gap until the elite was released)

So therefore as far as MS are concerned my 360 is modded so no free repairs frown.gif

Keep meaning to send the busted one away to Scotland to get repaired but haven't got around to it yet slap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am on my 3rd repair with th guys in scotland ...

Just about to arrange another pickup

£11.90 chester post, who use parcel force

http://www.chesterpost.com/