[Audi A3/S3] Windows steaming up/condensation, etc.

BEB

I know that the weather has changed and it is wet & damp, but l'm finding the rear window and rear side windows 'seem' to be permanently steamed up. I always have the climate control on and the windows are all closed properly. Admittedly l don't have it hot inside the car as l don't feel the cold much (climate control is set to 'Auto' 20.5).

Am l imagining l have a problem or do others have this problem at the moment - it's just that when l look at other cars parked next to mine their windows are clear.

Maybe I need to let it get really warm inside and dry out, or drive around with the windows open for a while?

do you have any special dehumidifier buttons in the audis that you have to select?

But really, climate control should work it all out. hmm. very weird as I thought they had dehumidifiers in there.

Perhaps get someone to check that they system is fully working?

replace carpets with rubber mats? dunno if that works.

Sounds like the Aircon needs re-conditioning. Aircon/Climate control should dry the air entering the cabin, and hence you shouldn't get any condensation.

Obviously if you have 4 people in the car, on a wet day it can take a little while for it to dry, but certainly not like it is at the moment.

• 6 months later...

Did you ever sort this?

I had the same problem one my A3, my symptoms were the same but I noticed liquid just below my hatch on the top of the bumper all the time and I could not figure it out, I finally notice water coming from inside the plastic, it was slightly dripping out so I removed the plastic boot cover inside and found the hose had come loose from the rear washer, popped it back on with a cable tie "not too tight" and jobs a good one again, my rear wash does the car in front again too :)

Problem was the foam inside the boot covering was sopping wet thus causing the steaming up