Scumbag round my house!

Decked

Got up this morning to take my girlfriend to the station and came accross this.....

2093189796_fa02d26328_b.jpg

I'm glad the plate was in and the car had been delocked!

So today CCTV is going in and the house alarm is being upgraded! I'm sure they'll be back for the keys...... I'll be ready!

Sorry to hear that. If the scumbag returns, then I hope you get hold of him and teach the runt a lesson in respect! Was fitting the plate a specific action to tackle such a problem? Is the addition of the plate and the removal of the key lock something a dealer or independent garage would do? 169144-ok.gif

The plate was put in by VW. It was installed to stop things like this happening. I'm glad it worked. They could have just been after the stereo... I'm just worried about them coming back and trying to break in to get the keys.

I'm going to find out what kind of lesson I can give them if they do come back, legaly!

Thanks. Do you remember what the cost was roughly? I suppose from a legal point of view CCTV would greatly improve the impact of their sentence, although, sadly, I suspect not custodial! Unless, of course, they're serial thieves who the courts have regularly seen. The best of luck to you; I hope they don't re-appear, but if they do, teach the sods a (legal) lesson. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The plate was put in by VW. It was installed to stop things like this happening. I'm glad it worked. They could have just been after the stereo... I'm just worried about them coming back and trying to break in to get the keys.

I'm going to find out what kind of lesson I can give them if they do come back, legaly!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sent you a PM

Problem is that if they come back and you give them 'some'- Then all their mates know exactly where to find you.

Always avoid anything that will get you in trouble, on your own doorstep.

Make sure the CCTV has night UV lamping and consider a 500w PIR foodlight.

Take care and don't let the pickey to55ers grind you down- Unfortuately Dartfor / Swanley area has more than it's fair share of scumbag pikeys.

Damn Pikey cowboys

I would definitely have problems controlling my emotions if i caought them in the act!!

Hope you get it all sorted I doubt they will return may be worth looking into CCTV digital cameras etc as they are all the rage at the moment

Definitely inform the police I found them useless when mk2 GTI had its window smashed but its worth a go!!

Lots of interesting 'I would kick the 5hit out of the scum' type posts.

yelrotflmao.gif

Believe me - when you are woken at 3am on a monday morning to the sound of your front door being smashed off the frame. You jump out of bed in your boxer shorts and within 5 seconds see some big geezers in balaclavas and stab vests dressed all in black come flying up the stairs with torches and crowbars shouting 'wheres your f***** car keys', while 2 more of them wait outside. Your wife/gf will be going hysterical.

Sorry guys, but thats the reality.

[ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif

Believe me - when you are woken at 3am on a monday morning to the sound of your front door being smashed off the frame. You jump out of bed in your boxer shorts and within 5 seconds see some big geezers in balaclavas and stab vests dressed all in black come flying up the stairs with torches and crowbars shouting 'wheres your f***** car keys', while 2 more of them wait outside. Your wife/gf will be going hysterical.

[/ QUOTE ]

very good honest post 169144-ok.gif

Yeah but we have all seen the movies, you take out your suppressed MP5 thats under your bed, double tap the guys coming up the stairs in the body and head, then (cause your rock hard) jump through your front double glazed windows, down in front of the other guys double tapping them, and then calmly walk back upstairs get back in bed, to the sound of your mrs just gently stirring, "what was that dear", "oh nothing". Light off back to sleep...

ROLLEY~14.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah but we have all seen the movies, you take out your suppressed MP5 thats under your bed, double tap the guys coming up the stairs in the body and head, then (cause your rock hard) jump through your front double glazed windows, down in front of the other guys double tapping them, and then calmly walk back upstairs get back in bed, to the sound of your mrs just gently stirring, "what was that dear", "oh nothing". Light off back to sleep...

ROLLEY~14.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

jump.gif

Got to agree with Soulboy, mine was taken in a similar fashion, I was away, wife and 7 year old boy in the house asleep. kin' scary stuff. I've had my share of quickish interesting cars over the years but that one incident has put me off getting another in the near future.

[ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree. AND also, I don't think you can rely on your location being a 'safe area'. We lived in the middle of the countryside and the following happened to us.

Back in 2003, I had a VR6 Highline. We were awoken at about 4AM, something had triggered the house alarm downstairs. Half awake and totally scared sh****ss, I went downstairs. Luckily, once they'd trigured the house alarm, they fled.

In hind sight, I wouldn't go downstairs - it's not worth it. You don't know who you are going to meet and they are going to be tooled up (after all they've just broken into your house!). On top of that, they are going to be much more fired up to get away than you are fired to stop them. Even if you do catch them, is the law going to be on your side???

If you can set the alarm on your ground floor when you go to bed - do it!

I know if they were coming in shouting etc demanding keys, they get them! It's not worth it, although this hasn't stopped me buying a bat!

I have spoken with the police and they said the burglars can stand in my bedroom and I have no right to defend my property. It's only when they use force against me that I can then use physical force against them! Load of crap if you ask me! (I’m sure we all remember the farmer that shot that kid a few years back for being on his land).

They have 2 floors to get up before they get to my room so I'd hopefully have woken up by then.... And that may give me a chance to get a look at them. This would be the deciding factor, do I throw them the keys or the bat ROLLEY~14.GIF

I'm having the security company change the setup of my house alarm to enable me to set the alarm at night + a few extra door/window sensors + CCTV.

I’m not sure if the CCTV should be hidden or seen. Is it seen as a deterrent or prize? To me it makes it look like the property has something to steal…

Fingers crossed this keeps them at bay!