Evo review of GTR

CarMad

Just dropped through the front door and oh my do they like it. Mind they have no idea what to compare it to as everything else is twice the price for the same performance. They say it totally justifies being called a supercar.

And oh my does it look stunning in red. smlove2.gifnotworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Love the idea of it. Just such a big, heavy car. When it gets down to it i doubt ill take one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I reckon it would be the best car you have driven for the money, is it the Micra badge that puts you off.

AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Nissan BAdge dosent bother me a jot. As said before actually like the idea of it. In order its the following that puts be off:

- size

- weight

- DSG box- why does it take 0.2 seconds, will it be as dull as the VAG version?

- turbo power

- lack of good zorat noise

- little space in back

- seats look more comfy that grippy

- too much tech to go wrong on the inside.

Plus points

- fantastic bang for the buck

- i will have one of the first ones

- stupid power that will blow my current car in to the weeds

- more comfortable mile muncher and certainly a more suitable company car

- has pretty much everything id want as standard. Prob change the centre section of zorst to make louder though.

- Its a Nissan!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/213240/nissan_gtr.html

[ QUOTE ]

even in the softest setting the ride is uncompromising, and it’s certainly harder and less supple than a Porsche 911 or BMW M3. The GT-R is also prone to tramlining unnervingly on rutted surfaces.

[/ QUOTE ]

is it really that soft?

[ QUOTE ]

This is thanks in no small part to Nissan’s new six-speed twin-clutch gearbox. Although it’s similar to Volks­wagen’s DSG system and is operated by column-mounted paddles, it has a more mechanical feel. Upshifts are instant, and it blips the throttle to smooth downchanges

[/ QUOTE ]

better then DSG?

Yes know about all of that. The V-spec will certainly be a more interesting proposition, however there is nothing they can do about the size of it. The weight of the GT-R is virtually 2 tones with a person aboard and a full tank of fuel. Secondly the width of the car is so wide, fun on my favorite roads will be jeopardised. I certainly haven't ruled it out. Just the more time I pend with the CSL, the more difficult Nissan's task of prying it out my hands. The Nissan has now had launch delayed until March 09. My car will be one of the first in the country. By the end of next year im sure a CSL spec will be launched same with a track spec Nissan. It would be silly for me to make a decision before then.

What I know - CA have a new map out for the E92 M3 upping power by a claimed 50bhp. It sounds alot for a n/a engine however people all over the world have been saying the 4.0ltr engine has been de-tunned for the M3, comparing it with the M5 engine apparently doesnt add up. I have a lot of hope set on the next gen CSL and am very sure it would be a car I just wouldn't be disappointed with. Its too early to make that judgement on the Nissan no matter how much I like the idea of it.

[ QUOTE ]

better then DSG?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure, however compare it with the new single clutch system from the Ferrari 430 Scuderia.

Nissan 0.2 seconds

430 0.06 seconds

That is a bigger diffrence than you might think. Secondly I dont understand how this is possible. A dual clutch is supposed to have the next gear engaged while you are using the current. How can a single clutch be faster? Also, how detatched will a daul clutch be? The Nissan uses a torque converter?

[ QUOTE ]

how about a highly modified R34?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats that, the last one? If so not a chance. Sure its a great motor but im certain not as nice (IMHO) as a CSL. I dont want to swap my car full stop unless I can find something better. At the moment, to me at least, it impossible. 169144-ok.gif

not going to now. was a point of madness a little while back. Got on the track just after and realised what a mistake I would be making. I still have to much to learn to benifit from it time wise, and I do believe it would spoil the set up of the car, which is currently excellent in my book. A bloke on BM3W is getting the smallest upgrade done to his car (460bhp I think) and will have it back in his possession any day now. If you havent joined have a look. 169144-ok.gif