Miles from full tank and fuel type (edt 30)

Gemmzl

[ QUOTE ]

That surprises me...... I've got a Mkiv R32 and i'm getting 310-320 from a tank. Maybe i'm driving it like a granny?

My journey to work consists at 50mph most of the way with hardly any stops. Obviously that helps a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I have a stop / start commute into a city centre everyday which perhaps explains the lowish figure.

I got less than 24mpg out of a Mk4 V6 4-motion - same journey.

At 50mph you are in the ideal range for high mpg - if you can keep the revs less than around 2500, while cruising, you can get over 30mpg average 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'm getting an average of 27mpg out of my manual ED30 using V-Power - equates to about 320 miles for a full tank (55 litres?) - but realistically I'm having to fill up at around 270 miles.

My previous DSG GTi managed 29mpg for same driving conditions by comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must be. i got about 220 miles out of my mk r32!

i average about 34Mpg on the run to work. 27 miles each way. about 20 motorway and the rest b-roads.

stop and start a lot at the work end of the journey.

best ever was 42Mpg on a 250mile trip, mixed b-roads and motorway.

from a 50Eur tank, about 47liters to 20 indicated remaining miles, i get about 380miles on Maxol E5

[ QUOTE ]

That surprises me...... I've got a Mkiv R32 and i'm getting 310-320 from a tank. Maybe i'm driving it like a granny?

My journey to work consists at 50mph most of the way with hardly any stops. Obviously that helps a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

The R32 has a larger tank, don't forget - it's 62 litres (I think) compared to 55 litres. 169144-ok.gif