Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Golfer

New XF Jag

6 posts in this topic

this 2.7 TDI engine, is it any good or cr*p ?.

The new XF Jag will have this engine in it just wondered if it's worth a look, Anyone. ROLLEY~14.GIF

Never been in one, let alone driven one, but it was hailed by the mags as the smoothest, most refined 6 cyl diesel on the market.

It's a twin turbo, which is good. But it hasn't got anything like the shove of stuff like the 535d.

[ QUOTE ]

Never been in one, let alone driven one, but it was hailed by the mags as the smoothest, most refined 6 cyl diesel on the market.

It's a twin turbo, which is good. But it hasn't got anything like the shove of stuff like the 535d.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep with only 207BHP it will be way behind the 335D, this new XF jag is getting this engine........ shame really as they have a V8 TDI they could have used. 169144-ok.gif

a guy at work has one of these, been in it quite a few times and it was ok, not overly slow but was a 'nice' car to be in and drive. He is getting it re-maped some time soon so should be better then. It wouldnt be my first choice of car!

Strange, I am about to write a review on the 2.7D XF soon +++

Basically, it's not quite powerful enough for my liking, but it's still reasonably rapid, about 140 tops and 60 in 8 secs. I've driven one quite a bit now and there's plenty of power to overtake. Overall it's a brilliant engine, very quite inside and even from outside it's incredibly quite.

I've seen a few remaps available to boost the power by about 40bhp, which would be rather nice! Jag are also releasing a new diesel, most likely early 2009, which will essentially be the same engine, but in 3.0 format. No idea how much that will put out, but I assume not a lot more than the 2.7.

I will go and take a peek when the diesel gets upgraded or 2nd hand supercharged ones are £39995.