Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BEB

REVO settings with a SPS 3

11 posts in this topic

I was wondering what settings you are using?

I've played around with several settings, but still get "fluttering/very slight hesitation" particularly in 3rd gear hard acceleration. It feels like the ECU is pulling back the timing a little. I'm fully aware this had been discussed countless times already but someone might be able to advise?

l have now "backed off" all 3 modes to 6, 6 and 6, but the performance has dropped off - the boost isn't as aggressive.

My understanding is the 3 modes are as follows:

Mode 3 = Boost

Mode 4 = Fuel

Mode 5 = Timing

I've heard that REVO remaps can "overfuel" but don't know how true that is.

I'd like max power with aggressive boost - not worried about fuel economy. I think 6 is the standard default?

Anyone had the same issues and have you cured/improved it by playing with your SPS 3.

yes, i think it's safer in general running with a wetter mixture rather than lean. leaner will probably avoid the issue you are having at a guess. Hopefully someone with handson rather than theoretical knowledge will help.

just try as many combinations you can. first alter boost, then fuel etc etc then alter two together and so on until you find the one you like.

Just remember that it might never get back to perfect because the ECU does protect itself and requires a service to get back to default - e.g. if in thin or perhaps hot air it will compensate to protect the engine, but doesn't revert back when conditions get back to normal from what I've been told.

If you don't know what all the settings do and you're not totally sure of what effects they can have, why on earth do you have an SPS3??

You're better off getting a Revo agent to set it for you and then leave it alone.

Not sure about the new SPS units as the old ones which I used to have didn't have fueling settings, I used to have my old one set on Boost 5 Timing 6 though. All the safety settings within the ECU remain even when running a map. The ECU wont let you run lean, same with timing, if you try and run too much advance for the fuel you're using the ECU will still back off. I suggest you phone Revo HQ and have a chat with Kev, he posts on here occasionally and if very helpfull.

After a bit of fiddling (by my REVO agent, dont have SPS)Im running:

Boost: 7

Timing: 6

Fuel: 9

This are the settings for my MKV Golf 20TFSI and give it fantastic performance. No hesitation at all, and a big shove in the back when on boost. Im running the car on SHELL V max at all times.

You could do worse than speak to REVO direct, they are very helpful and accomodating.

Good luck

Paul

yes, revo et al should give updates for the car if and when needed.