Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keithvincent

Passat electrics - w/screen washer

2 posts in this topic

Anyone with an intimate knowledge of Passat (1990) electrics? My windscreen washers don't function off the steering column switch, while everything else does. Wiht no nearby VW dealer to order from, and Passat's being a fairly rare breed in the local scrap yards, finding a replacement switch is difficult. For the time being, I'd like to bridge the relevant connection with a temporary switch, but (a) I find the wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual impossible to follow (all right, I'm thick), and (b) five blown fuses later, I'm still no nearer finding the correct wire(s) leaving the two plug-in connectors under the steering wheel shroud. Can anyone advise, please? [My previous cars - Citroens and Renaults - were never this difficult smile.gif]

dose the fuse blow when you try to use the switch normaly? if so you most probably have a short in the wipper motor. if the fuse dosn't blow than try checking the earth on the conector at the wipper motor for resistance. if this is ok then try to jump some power into the back of the conector and see if it will run. if it runs ok i whould replace the switch. good luck...