[Audi A3/S3] 2.0 TDi Remap advice

S4teve

I'll be moving over here soon after having done the deal today to trade S4 Cab for A3 2.0TDi (140PS)Sport DSG.

Clearly I will find the performance difference an issue and want to consider a remap. I havent modded a car since the TT a few years back when I went with an AMD one click to give me 260ish BHP from a TT 225

What can I realistically expect in terms of power increase and performance??

What remap is recommended for the TDi - Is it worth it

Appreciate any thoughts, advice or ideas smile.gif

Steve, I went from S4 to an A3 tdi and though i still miss the S4 for the sheer drama, i still love the A3. So fear not - it's not so painful wink.gif

I had the Revo map done to mine (2.0 tdi 140 with DSG) and the difference is realy impressive. LOADS of torque.

The only downside is that the 2wd often struggles keeping grip in standard form so with the remap, the ESP goes into overtime in the wet. OK, you get used to the surge and adjust your driving accordingly but i definately think that quattro is the way to go with all of that torque.

You can get the Revo on a 5hr trial for free. Just pop down to yer nearest Revo dealer and they can upload the trial software in no time. It's definately worth trying out.

Good luck with the new car,

Floyd.

[ QUOTE ]

The only downside is that the 2wd often struggles keeping grip in standard form so with the remap, the ESP goes into overtime in the wet. OK, you get used to the surge and adjust your driving accordingly but i definately think that quattro is the way to go with all of that torque.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep I found the same, but it just took a bit of getting use to thats all.

Guys, thanks for the advice and help. I picked up the car today and even noticed in standard form the 2WD struggles for grip in the wet.

I think I will go for a remap though cos I am so missing the S4 power - I know I'll never get near that but the 2.0 Tdi feels like such a capable engine with spare potential so it'd be rude not to.

[ QUOTE ]

Guys, thanks for the advice and help. I picked up the car today and even noticed in standard form the 2WD struggles for grip in the wet.

I think I will go for a remap though cos I am so missing the S4 power - I know I'll never get near that but the 2.0 Tdi feels like such a capable engine with spare potential so it'd be rude not to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't regret it! It just takes a little time to get use to...

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Ive spoken to a couple of Revo dealers and they said you cant have trial with a diesel. Ive got a A3 TDI DSG 140 and really want remap. However the insurance may kill me as im only 20. Bad enough as it is and the last thing i want is to have an accident and have no insurance.

Still want to see what the difference is as ive heard rave reviews.