[Audi A3/S3] Faulty passenger window

mrkipper

Hello happy 08 to all,

New year new problem that I seem to have with the passenger window.It goes down ok but wont go up.It starts to then stops and automaticaly goes back down.Thought it maybe the switch, but its the same when controlling it from the divers side.Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks beerchug.gif

Hello,

Thanks for the replys I had the door panel of today could'nt really see any thing wrong.Didnt have any wd40 available to give it a spray up.In any case were would be the best place to spray it around?.I had to force the window up from the bottom with my hand while inching it up from the switch.It didnt like that and just wanted to automatically go back down.At certain times i could hear just a click comming from the motor while operating the switch.The car is a late 2000 model

spray on the window runner. the motor may be sensing a block and winding down.

you can try this in a window that works, wind down the window,put your hand in the top of the frame and wind the window up, when the glass gets to your hand it will sense the block and wind down.

Thanks chaps, I will have another go at the weekend.I did see the clips they looked alright but darkness was setting in and i called it a day.Passengers dont help either the amount of times ive told them off for slamming the door, its on their side in which case the window doesent get used as much of mine!!!

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

my A6 has just started doing exactly the same as described above. I'd be interested to know how you solved this. Most posts seem to suggest the clips or the motor. Mine has started playing up in the space of a week!!

Any advice would be appreciated

I had this on my S3. Both windows went. The windows go down but not up. Well, they start to but the sensor kicks in and sends it down again.

I needed two new "Guides". I can get the part number if anyone wants it. They cost about £8 for the pair from Audi.

Spray any lub oil, ie WD40 on the window rubbers both sides and along the bottom, this should solve the problem,, I had the same on my A6, the window anti crush system kicks in if the window is struggling to raise, and then the window automatically opens. hope this works for you.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea to me. I always take the path of least resistance with stuff like this, rather than tearing the door apart. Luckily, the car park I have to swipe into at work has enough room between the barrier and swipe machine that I can pull forward, put my rear window down and reach out. Albeit, looking like a plonker!!

I will publish my findings.

Hello All,

Anyone manage to sort out their window problem.I have put up with not using it, but have been told It could be a seized window regulator.Hopefully going to take the panel off again and give it a good sray up with silicon spray.Not to hopeful through