Thinking about a used Z4, so.......

Cagey

....are there any options that would be deemed as essential?

Not too many of the AUC cars come with Cruise or Nav for instance. There are a couple of cars available with basically no extras 'cept for a MFSW. Are any options easily retro-fitted?

Am looking at the 3 litre Sport coupe, and likely to be an auto as my wife will be using it on a day-to-day basis - we've test driven both and she was much happier with the 2-pedal option (I was impressed by it too).

How colour sensitive are these cars? Choices have been narrowed down to one of the blacks, silver grey or possibly montego blue. They all look good to me, but would people agree come trade-in time?

Any help welcome! 169144-ok.gif

I would defo hold out for a car with Nav, will be easier to shift come re-sale. Cruise I think can be retro-fitted, I dont have it on mine, never used it on my M3.

Black and Silver certainly safe colours, Montego less so but I have to say it looks the business so I am sure someone would love it come re-sale. Any M sport extras would be nice to have in the package ie. steering wheel and seats and even the suspension but I would just try and see a few cars with these options and then decide, down to personal preference really.

Oh and if you do get one, ditch the run flats! 169144-ok.gif

This add will show you some of the M sport bits, like the seats and steering wheel.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/325409.htm

Cheers. 169144-ok.gif

Seems that early cars were easily retro-fitted with cruise control as they had all of the wiring in place, and it was just a case of fiting the stalk. Doesn't appear to be the case for more recent cars though.

I must admit that neither my wife or I really use the cruise very much in our current car, so probaly wouldn't miss it too much if it wasn't there.

Certainly a limited choice at the mo though if you want Auto and Nav.

Will keep looking.

OK, to update this.

Have spoken to a dealer today who has found the following:

3.0si Sport Coupe

Stratus Grey

Jun '07, 2,500 miles

Nav

Comfort Pack

Bluetooth

Composite Star spoke (108) wheels.

Retail - £28,350.

I was offered 16k for my car last week by this dealer (pretty close to book price), and he has come back to me with a figure of £11,400 cost to change.

How does this sound? Must admit I'm tempted.

Well, I called the dealer back today to try and make a deal and he wouldn't budge from his initial price.

So, being as it is currently a BMW UK car, available to any dealer, I got in touch with my local one and asked them to come up with a price for me. Should hear back from them on Monday

Try:

2007 07 Reg BMW Z4 3.0si 2996 cc SE Coupe

2 Doors, Automatic, Coupe, Petrol, 6,759 miles, Montego Blue, Black Oregon Leather, Automatic Gearbox, Bluetooth phone prep + telematics, BMW Assist, BMW Maintenance Packages Available, Ellipsoid-Spoke Style 202 8/8.5J x 18, Front Seat Heating, Navigation-system Professional, Sun protection glass, Tracker Security. £25,995 . Malton BMW (0871) 7118313.

or

2007 07 Reg BMW Z4 3.0si 2996 cc Sport Coupe

2 Doors, Automatic, Coupe, Petrol, 4,114 miles, Titanium Silver, Black Oregon Leather, Automatic Gearbox, Bluetooth phone prep + telematics, BMW ConnectedDrive-Assist, Front Seat Heating, Multi-func. Steering Wheel, Navigation-system Professional, Sun protection glass. £27,850

Bowker Preston (0871) 7118270

• 2 weeks later...

I was given 16k for my '06 Golf GTi, 5dr, DSG.

Seemed to be pretty close to book price.

Picked the car up today, after several delays in BMW gettignt the car to the dealers, causing me worry and aggro - will endeavour to get pics up as soon as it's been cleaned (properly).

First impressions though - jump.gifECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Cheers, although Mrs KG will be driving it more than me - I get the work Avensis. She's been out tonight practising parking it. God help us....

Will try and give it a run next week and get down to Windsor 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

when I had the zeddy it was the front that used to catchn me out!!! smashfreakB.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Rear park sensors are excellent but you are nearly on the back wheels so they can feel a bit odd!!! Front bumper alert also essential! cool.gif

Enjoy the motor!! 169144-ok.gifgrin.gif

Yes, we tried the parking sensors, and the wall looked awful close but the sensors were telling us we had plenty of room yet. There was a 'get out and check they are working' moment.

Know what you are saying about the bonnet too. It's ma-hoosive!

• 1 year later...
....are there any options that would be deemed as essential?

Not too many of the AUC cars come with Cruise or Nav for instance. There are a couple of cars available with basically no extras 'cept for a MFSW. Are any options easily retro-fitted?

Am looking at the 3 litre Sport coupe, and likely to be an auto as my wife will be using it on a day-to-day basis - we've test driven both and she was much happier with the 2-pedal option (I was impressed by it too).

How colour sensitive are these cars? Choices have been narrowed down to one of the blacks, silver grey or possibly montego blue. They all look good to me, but would people agree come trade-in time?

Any help welcome! 169144-ok.gif

If your buying the Roadster, heated seats are a must ;)

• 6 months later...

hi Cagey .... I have the exact same vehicle bmw uk specific purchased through main dealer and same price as your being offere but mines 1 yr old now so you should get it a little cheaper than that now but just let me say the colour is the nicest one the spec is top notch and its the best car I have ever had...bag it buddy ;0)