VW Fixed Price Service Plan

TonyD

Has anyone seen this offer from VW and can anyone shed any light on it?

http://www.vw.co.uk/new_cars/servicing

Specifically I'm wondering if it covers the car (Golf Ed30) to be serviced at any dealership or do I have to take it back to the supplying dealer to get my fixed price 3 year servicing?

At a one-off price of £200.00 it seems hard to ignore it so I would appreciate comments and advice.

[ QUOTE ]

That's only 10,000 miles a year - You pay through the nose for any mileage over that limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Where does it say that? It's either 3 years or 30,000 miles, whichever comes first. It's a service plan, not a contract hire.

Surely once you go over 30k miles, you would simply start paying for your servicing as normal?!

[ QUOTE ]

That's only 10,000 miles a year - You pay through the nose for any mileage over that limit. No tyre plan included. Doesn't actually state GTI model as included so that needs checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes red but for people like me who do less than 10,000 miles a year, 3 services will cost me over £500 so sounds like a no brainer to me. I would suspect the gti's would be covered because they are no more expensive to service than any other golf. Infact less than the tdi models 169144-ok.gif

Only 30k miles translates to your £200 not lasting very long and not a lot of servicing gets done in the first 30k. You won't even get your oil changes every 10k or plugs changed.

Read the small print very carefully - It is a contract.

Doubtless it will suit quite a few people but VW won't be giving much away for free!

Perhaps I'm missing something here....

It's a 3 year/30k mile plan with fixed intervals of 1 year/10k miles. Oil changes are carried out at each service.

For someone doing a lot of 'easy' miles - motorway cruising etc, perhaps the longlife servicing may be better, but otherwise, I can't help thinking that £200 represents quite good value. Sure, the pricing probably doesn't include items like pads/discs etc, but you would pay for those on top of a regular service anyway.

Spark plugs (according to my service book) are changed every 60k miles on the GTi engines.

With my circumstances I average around 8k miles a year; the last new car I bought I kept for 4 years and clocked up 34k miles.

Under VW's Service Plan offer I could drive my new car into the dealer and get it serviced every year for 3 years for a one off payment of £200..... which seems damn cheap to me!

[ QUOTE ]

With my circumstances I average around 8k miles a year; the last new car I bought I kept for 4 years and clocked up 34k miles.

Under VW's Service Plan offer I could drive my new car into the dealer and get it serviced every year for 3 years for a one off payment of £200..... which seems damn cheap to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a no-brainer to me. Think I've seen that some peoples first service alone has been not far off £200.

Definitely worth looking at.

grin.gif agreed, my Golf's first variable service was £265 or something like that so £200 for:

For Polo, Golf, Golf Estate, Golf Plus, Jetta and Touran models

12 months/10,000 miles - Oil Service

24 months/20,000 miles - Interval Service (including oil change)

36 months/30,000 miles - Inspection Service (including oil change) and brake fluid change

grin.gif Sounds like a good deal 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Spark plugs (according to my service book) are changed every 60k miles on the GTi engines.

[/ QUOTE ]

....Mine needed changing at 40k miles and now I will change them every 20k just to keep them tip-top. Oil change every 10k miles for the same reason.

But, no, you're not missing anything - I'm just advising enough caution to know exactly what you are buying into. I got stung by the extra mileage factor. If it wasn't for the free tyres I would seriously regret the maintenance plan.