Newbie123

Ordering an A5 2.7Tdi Sport tomorrow

45 posts in this topic

and I can't bloody decide on a colour combination smashfreakB.gif

I've narrowed it down either....

Meteor Grey

Quartz Grey

Phantom Black

With a choice for the interior of Black leather, Light Grey Leather or Star Silver Half leather/alcantara.

The Car itself will be the sport model with the only options being Auto Lights and the Interior lighting pack. I would have liked the Audi Music interface but it would appear that is only available when you have Sat Nav (Unless someone knows different ?)

The car is being contract hired so when it goes back it'll have to be in good condition so that plays a factor in my colour choices. Which probably rules out the Star silver leather/ alcantara option I had my eye on as I think it will be just too hard to keep clean?

Feels odd going back to Audi after my defection to BMW over the last few years, but BMW's new pricing means it's not really a difficult choice 169144-ok.gif

All opinions welcome ECLIPSe.gif

meteor. dark enough to be cool, but not dark enough to show every spec an swirl.

Yup, meteor here too. U should go white though............

Another vote for Meteor, but the other two are worthy alternatives and if I were in your shoes I'd probably be agonising over those very same three colours, plus silver of course. wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Feels odd going back to Audi after my defection to BMW over the last few years, but BMW's new pricing means it's not really a difficult choice 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you'll be OK. The build quality and interior of the A5 are unmatched by anything from BMW in my opinion.

id go for black but depends how much time you want to spend looking after it! if not much go for meteor

Black 169144-ok.gif

Oh and my 5 Series interior is just as good level of quality as the A6 i had for afew days tongue.gif

They arent cheap tho i admit, mine with its options lists at about 35k

hmm, I'm probably in the minority by the look of it, but I've looked long and hard at colour options as looking at an S5 as one of my next car options - and for me Meteor Grey just looks a bit too, well dark and flat in the flesh, kind of like dark primer...!

The black looks nice but after having a black car again I would not get another next time round.

For me the Quartz Grey is just right (I don't think the pic you linked to does it justice IMO), and my preffered colour choice at present is S5 in Quartz Grey with red leather, lovely!

JC

Meteor Grey (or white grin.gif) with Black Interior and black headlining.

Whatever you do, don't get a grey interior!!

I have two black cars, and won't do it again.

Cleaning is one thing, but they show swirl marks and get dirty in seconds just sitting in the garage!

Also any chip, scratch, greasy finger print etc stands out like a sore thumb.

Like what Nelson said on the colours!

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

For me the Quartz Grey is just right (I don't think the pic you linked to does it justice IMO), and my preffered colour choice at present is S5 in Quartz Grey with red leather, lovely!

[/ QUOTE ]

Some better Quartz Grey pics:

a5-quartzgrey.jpg

a5-quartzgrey2.jpg

169144-ok.gif

Meteor or black, that quartz looks like a nothing colour to me.

I would get the silver if it is just the seats and the carpets and dash are black??

Thanks for the replies guys 169144-ok.gif I've told the leasing company I'll let them know the colours by the end of the week as I couldn't yet quite decide smashfreakB.gif

I actually did fancy getting it in white, but the leasing company are insisting on it having metallic (it's included free of charge) presumably beacause they base the quote on a certain residual value. Shame beacuase I think it looks great in white.

I decided to pop down to my local dealer at lunchtime to see what they had in. I thought it was very kind of them to line up 5 A5's in front of the dealership in varying combinations to help me decide even though I wasn't ordering it from them! In reality they'd just had a delivery and I just happen to turn up at the right time 169144-ok.gif

It was good to see them lined up next to each other.... Phantom Black, Ice Silver, Aruba Blue, Sahara Silver and Quartz Grey. Sahara Silver is actually quite attractive, suprisingly, as I wasn't expecting it to be. The Aruba Blue seemed to be very like the Le Mans blue I have on my bmw so that ruled that out. The silver in my opinion just looked a little plain. Which leaves the black and the quartz grey.

The black I know will look great when very clean, but seeing it in a slightly dirty state confirmed what I probably already knew in my heart that it would drive me absolutely nuts trying to keep it clean. So finally the Quartz grey, which I have to say looked very nice indeed. Seeing the Quartz close up it is quite a dark gun metal colour but at a distance seems to change colour to a slightly tarnished metal look as in the picture in my orginal post. JC's pic shows how different it can look.

Unfortunately there were no meteor grey ones around, and I am still slightly leaning more towards this based mainly on fleeting glance of one that I spotted on the road a few weeks ago. But I am slightly worried about the fact that it can look a little flat in some of the pictures (also mentioned by JustHe1 in his previous post) Overall though I don't think I'll be disappointed with either of the greys to be honest.

In terms of the interior the black A5 actually had the light grey interior (which seemed to be verging towards white) and the seats looked great, but what I hadn't appreciated was the fact that the dash would be two tone Black and quartz grey, but at least it was different. I think the grey plastics seem to cheapen the dash a bit. I suppose I could go for the cinnamon brown interior as you get to still have the black plastics 169144-ok.gif

LIGHT GREY

1277164-Lightgreyinterior.jpg

post-127-137914411045_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Meteor Grey (or white grin.gif) with Black Interior and black headlining.

Whatever you do, don't get a grey interior!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nelson can you get Black Headlining, it doesn't mention it in the brouchure confused.gif

Really don't like that quartz at all, and just seem a grey one parked up outside the bank, and have to say that it looked superb, it was a really dark grey, a bit like dolphin grey, if that is meteor get that!!

It also had silver seats and door card inserts, but the dash and carpets were definitely black, looked really nice.

This is what the interior was....

a5.Par.0008.Image.jpg

So maybe it was two tone dash?? Looked alright though.

Its a pitty White is not an option for you any more, since it does look really nice... Believe me, had my white A5 for over 13000 miles and love it!

Gizze, yes that would definately be Meteor Grey. Interesting about the interior as you definately get grey carpets with either silver or light grey interior. Unless it was an S5 as that gets black carpets whatever seat colour you choose.

Yep, I think I've narrowed down the choice to Meteor Grey with either the black or light grey...

Meteor Grey with Black leather

Meteor Grey with Light Grey leather

[ QUOTE ]

Meteor Grey with either interior looks great mate.

[/ QUOTE ]

But white would still be my first choice as well, let me see if I can get the leasing company to change their mind beerchug.gif

Considering 90% of the users would choose white on here I would think residualy it is going to be a pretty sure bet.