TTS 'official' pictures leaked

J_C

Official-looking pictures of the upcoming TTS and TTS roadster have been published ahead of the official unveiling at the Detroit show.

2.0T FSi engine

272 bhp

Manual or S-Tronic

Quad exhaust system

'S' bodywork including S5 wheels

LED DRLs

'S' interior treatment and seats

leaked_audi_tts-10.jpg

leaked_audi_tts-03.jpg

leaked_audi_tts-04.jpg

leaked_audi_tts-07.jpg

leaked_audi_tts-17.jpg

audi-tt-s-leaked-8.jpg

audi-tt-s-leaked-13.jpg

More hi-res pics here: Source article.

I really like that sekret.gif

With the engine from the S3 and a lighter chasis this should go very well. It must be close to a flat 5s 0-60. Should sound much better than the S3 too with that quad pipe setup.

Fear the life of those brushed nickel wing mirrors, they will be on ebay before you know it crazy.gif

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

I read elsewhere that they are '18" versions of the S5 alloys' instead of the 19s that are standard on UK S5s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't surprise me but cant see it for the UK models as you can order 19" wheels with the normal TT so on the S model it would be crazy, or a way of making £1500 for the 19" upgrade option crazy.gif

AZ

I can see how it will sell with it being the 'S' and having better economy, performance and a lower VED than the 3.2. That said it will sound crap and like all TT's doesn't have proper Quattro. I'd be tempted to find the extra £6k and have an S5 - proper quattro, proper sound, proper go.

PS Can't see how the seats are different to those on my 3.2.

Now THAT is just bloody lovely!!! smlove2.gif169144-ok.gif

I have a holding deposit down already on one....but at 33K for the base car I fear it might be too costly to change at the moment, especially if things like xenons aren't standard (£1000 or thereabouts to upgrade on the TT), and if you want Nav, Bose etc, the price could easily touch £40K OTR. EEK2.GIF

I'd be keen to have 18" wheels, I don't think the 19"s are needed on the TT, and the car handles superbly on the 18s without quattro in the 2.0T version, so with it, albeit haldex, it will be a beast. Interesting that S-tronic is mentioned, does that mean they may start adding that into the S3 at some stage? ECLIPSe.gif

Very tempting though. But yes, fear how many times those mirrors might go walkabout..... crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I have a holding deposit down already on one....but at 33K for the base car I fear it might be too costly to change at the moment, especially if things like xenons aren't standard (£1000 or thereabouts to upgrade on the TT), and if you want Nav, Bose etc, the price could easily touch £40K OTR. EEK2.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Bi-xenons will be standard, as will (so it would seem) multifunction steering wheel, heated seats and - as SK points out - magnetic ride. Nav, Bose, iPod port, LED interior light pack, electric seats and adaptive lights are all options.

The Roadster's soft top opens and closes in twelve seconds at speeds up to 31mph! cool.gif

If you take the Euro price of the S3 it comes in about £500 less than it's selling for here. So doing the same for the TT-S it's coming in at £34,000.

Add Nav, Bose, 19's, Extended Leather etc

£37,000 - £38,000 Hardtop

£39,000 - £40,000 Roadster

IMO.

[ QUOTE ]

Sounds petty, but the one thing that spoils the car is the badge - it's just, well, wrong. Big TT, then smaller S out of propertion.

Why don't thet just put the S badge on? Or stick it on the other side of the number plate or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that - seems like they have put the default S badge on but I thought they might have altered it to make it look normal next to 'TT'.