New 320d - Quick review and a Couple of Questions

Cleybrooke

Thanks CarMad smile.gif,

Im actually seriously tempted by the bmw now, from gIzzE's motor and the fact i've never had a rear wheel drive car before. Will have to test drive one of these soon.

Do the standard wheels fit standard tyres?

i need to see it in some more colors, its looks great in silver but i've had 2 silver cars and feel like a change. not really into black or dark grey or blue and i dont want anything too bright, ie red and yellow or green, actually i dont think i have much choice going through that list again.

does anyone know what the usual order turnaround time is for these motors? id prolly get 320i or d.

nice motor you have by the way i quite like the that blue.

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks CarMad smile.gif,

Im actually seriously tempted by the bmw now, from gIzzE's motor and the fact i've never had a rear wheel drive car before. Will have to test drive one of these soon.

Do the standard wheels fit standard tyres?

i need to see it in some more colors, its looks great in silver but i've had 2 silver cars and feel like a change. not really into black or dark grey or blue and i dont want anything too bright, ie red and yellow or green, actually i dont think i have much choice going through that list again.

does anyone know what the usual order turnaround time is for these motors? id prolly get 320i or d.

nice motor you have by the way i quite like the that blue.

[/ QUOTE ]

DON'T just use Cooper BMW norwich for your quotes; they are a bunch of "Rip-Off" merchants.

gIzzE will give you some advice before you jump. good luck 169144-ok.gif

robbs, hello mate!

From that list it seems you are left white (would have been my choice if ordering new) and......well that is it really. wink.gif

Remember that there are a few ex-demo/management efficient dynamics cars coming up, sub 5k miles and 3 months old with serious savings.

Yes thats me, one of the white semi cottages. You from around these parts? Your not Guy are you? if you are we've met lol, you havnt heard anything from the highway agency/coucil at all have you regarding this parking situation? if its you.

I will be getting a contract hire through the business so it all depends on whats available, and more than likely deal from new. Just found out that i have my audi until August now, for some reason i was told beginning of may, so i'd need to decide what i wanted so it can be organised to swap over at a simular time to exchanging the audi. I guess i'll be waiting a little while longer now.

Do they do these ex-demo cars on contract leasing? Also what do you mean 'management efficent dynamics cars'.

Might have to instruct HR exactly where and what deal to look for seeing as you guys seem to know a fair bit about it. I was just going to get them to sort it out for me once i had decided.

Are you allowed to change wheels on lease hire? i just presumed there wouldnt be some silly clause in the agreement which to void it, but i guess they just want the car returned on in good condition in its orginal specification within the agreed milage limitation.

Heh hey buddy quite random, wouldnt have pegged you as a car enthusiast.

Well good luck on the parking front, i got back late the other night and all the church goers where hogging the entire vicar/church street area and along the abbey too so i just parked right outside that guy oppsites house on the double yellows, i do hope he saw me.

That would be a great help going through the options, we deal through WMG in wymondham usually, dont know if you know them or not but there small so i cant imagine we get the greatest deals available.

[ QUOTE ]

Heh hey buddy quite random, wouldnt have pegged you as a car enthusiast.

Well good luck on the parking front, i got back late the other night and all the church goers where hogging the entire vicar/church street area and along the abbey too so i just parked right outside that guy oppsites house on the double yellows, i do hope he saw me.

That would be a great help going through the options, we deal through WMG in wymondham usually, dont know if you know them or not but there small so i cant imagine we get the greatest deals available.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet he was watching you alright!! grin.gif

I will have a chat with you about finance options etc.

You also have the 'Editions' packages coming up too, these add 18" WTCC wheels, full leather, couple of new metallics, bluetooth and sat nav for £1000, which is over £3k's worth of options.

Only options left to add for me would be USB/Ipod connector and stereo upgrade costing another £500.

Depending how you finance it, is more important than decent discount imho. I am amazed at the amount of people who are chuffed to bits that they have got 10% off, maybe £3k and then pay £4-5k too much in finance charges over the 3 years. I would rather pay list and save on the finance, or even better save 5% on list and save on the finance.

I'll have a chat when I see you Rob. 169144-ok.gif