The new family wagon........

gizze

Hi 'Dogface' opps! sorry I meant 'giZZe' Seriously that is a great looking car, very nice indeed, whish mine looked like that.

Bit risky showing your reg - there'll be some on here that might use that to ring their own cars and avoid paying the London congestion zone charge - or worse still some other illegal actitivties.

Nice car though - really !

[ QUOTE ]

Hi 'Dogface' opps! sorry I meant 'giZZe' Seriously that is a great looking car, very nice indeed, whish mine looked like that.

Bit risky showing your reg - there'll be some on here that might use that to ring their own cars and avoid paying the London congestion zone charge - or worse still some other illegal actitivties.

Nice car though - really !

[/ QUOTE ]

You really are a cock arent you tongue.gif A cock that cant spell "wish" yelrotflmao.gif

I think you will find that is a 57 plate

Don't think I've gone away Alastair - I'm here and I'm watching you, be adult and keep it clean.

As I said it's a very nice car. Silver is not a personal favourite as I think it's kind of too popular right now - in the same way Red cars were a few years back, but my wife had a silver GTI unti last year and that colour is very easy to keep clean, unlike black, which is unfortunately what I have. She now has a light grey and it looks tremendous and still looks clean whatever the weather.

[ QUOTE ]

Don't think I've gone away Alastair - I'm here and I'm watching you, be adult and keep it clean.

As I said it's a very nice car. Silver is not a personal favourite as I think it's kind of too popular right now - in the same way Red cars were a few years back, but my wife had a silver GTI unti last year and that colour is very easy to keep clean, unlike black, which is unfortunately what I have. She now has a light grey and it looks tremendous and still looks clean whatever the weather.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohh dear im been watched tongue.gif Oh by the way when is this date when you get to show off your "martial arts" skills? yelrotflmao.gif

Plus telling me to be an adult is laughable judging by your other posts coffee.gif

Gizze the wheels look best as they are mate. I personally prefur the standard grill on a silver car but thats just personal taste 169144-ok.gif

OK, will leave it till the missus has scuffed them to buggery and then decide. wink.gif

The ride is alright, slightly more supple when you go over potholes and speed bumps, feels alot more planted at higher speeds too. But not that much difference to be honest.

[ QUOTE ]

I am now considering getting the BBS wheels finished in anthracite, what do you reckon??

[/ QUOTE ]

My 335i is in the same colour and I must admit that when the wheels get that "certain sheen" of brake dust they do have that anthracite look that I find quite complimetary, I'd not thought of (or even realised) that you could have them re-coloured. Who does this sort of thing and how much?

Leave them the way BMW intended.

My wife's car was orderd from the picture in the VW brochure (I'll have that one she said !!) the car was put together by VW for their publicity shots so it looked really sorted and was even better in real life. The wheels are not unlike those on your car. Easiest wheels I've ever cleaned. Doesn't need any wheel cleaner - just water and shampoo and the dirt falls-off they come up fantastic. I guess your's are the same by the looks of the picture.

By the way how much was your reg plate. I'm after one with one more letter, been quoted 5-6K.

Hi Gizze,

Saw your post RE the wheels in the other thread - see you now have them on your motor!! Sorry didnt reply, been soooooo busy!!! I also see you have got a black grille on - great choice! 169144-ok.gif

I am going to try and make the effort to do a 20k mile review on mine for TSN and so will wash it and post some picsa up soon 169144-ok.gif Great choice - i bought the Touring because of the dog and it's exclusivity - now everyone is buying them!! grin.gif169144-ok.gif

Enjoy

I like the touring styling, plus also have dogs, so it makes sense.

Don't know why but it seems the younger choice compared with the saloon, and even before we had the dog I always went with tourings and avants.

So pleased with the silver too, just love it....

1281253-E91_night.jpg

Last silver car a 320d touring, albeit 5 years ago and an E46.

post-4150-137914411142_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

The handle lights are cool aren't they - bizarre but everyone i give a lift to thinks it's the coolest thing ever!! [until they get in the front seat and get their seatbelt handed to them!! smile.gif]

[/ QUOTE ]

I picked up my 325d touring just before Christmas and did not realise the door handles illuminted down. The first time I opened the doors in the dark I assumed there was some sort of problem with the light system. Quickly realised it was a feature. iamwithstupid.gif

Very impressed as the lights illuminate the ground all arond the door area.