[Audi A3/S3] Jacking up your S3

Sparky

Has anyone done this yet?

I had to put my spare tyre on the other day and the jack they supply with the car is shite.

As you get to the height required to actually lift the tyre off the ground, the top part comes into contact with the body work/sill.

How crap is that?! How am I to raise the car when it's going to put two marks into the paint work?

I had to get hold of another jack in the end.

smashfreakB.gif

That is rubbish - only jacked mine with a proper trolley jack to date when sealing the alloys.

Would Audi be liable for damage, or would they claim "you clearly didn't follow the instructions" I wonder???

Wonder if yours was missing on the PDI and the delaer just threw any old jack in or something silly like that!

Sorry to disappoint - sealing wheels - not selling them.

I try and put a couple of coats of wheelseal on every 3 months - living in London means it's just easier to keep on top of weekly grime that way.

I'm starting to get very tempted with upgrading the suspension though..... we'll see!

You still toying with upgrading your wheels?

I've emailed a few dealers with regards to the TT 19" RS4 sytle rims.... haven't had a price back yet.... thought the new TT-S style rims may be nice.

[ QUOTE ]

That is rubbish - only jacked mine with a proper trolley jack to date when sealing the alloys.

Would Audi be liable for damage, or would they claim "you clearly didn't follow the instructions" I wonder???

Wonder if yours was missing on the PDI and the delaer just threw any old jack in or something silly like that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly it appears like it's the standard issue jack - it fits in to the recess in the boot exactly. I think I'll take this up with Customer services, because I'm damned if I'm buying a jack because the supplied one is not long enough to clear the bodywork.