OEM rear LED's for Mk5....

RedRobin

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

I tried many times to order these from VW Speed but after trying to get them to send a simple pro-forma invoice (so I can pay via cheque) I've given up and decided to throw the money into some Schrick cams for Christmas :grin:

Not saying I'm the easiest person to get hold of, but I do get back to people within a reasonable time. I'll probably pick up a set when I'm next in France or Germany before the end of the year.

Damn, they eventually phoned and I've ordered a set for this Thursday!! :Slap: Cams have been put on hold until just after first service hopefully :grin:

After looking at some photos of the LED lights on darker R32's I have decided to modify the lights for RHD when they arrive and fit all four +++

For anyone interested I have found a few pictures on the net of some R32's wearingouter lights and full sets +++ (all copyrights acknowleged)

and finally a youtube video of a blue (not DBP) R32 wearing a set. Worth posting for the noise alone ;)

YouTube - Eismaister @ 44 Golf .:R32

post-12508-137914422193_thumb.jpg

post-12508-137914422196_thumb.jpg

post-12508-137914422198_thumb.jpg

After a little more digging I've found a picture of the back of the inner lights. The bits you need to melt are the red plastic dots, swap over then reweld back together :)

Looks simple enough as even if you did a rubbish job of welding them back together the fact you're bolting them onto the bodywork should create a suitable seal so you don't get moisture +++

(pictures courtesy of vwvortex)

post-12508-137914422223_thumb.jpg

post-12508-137914422227_thumb.jpg

post-12508-137914422231_thumb.jpg

Hi andy,

I'm going to use my soldering iron to melt off the plastic enough to swap them over then I'm using a hot glue gun to put them back together. I just purchased said glue gun today for £9.99 from Halfrauds :grin:

I've spent ages trying to find pictures of a DBP Golf with these on. The best I've come up with is a short video on the bottom of this page... Finally

note: As we're not in the US we don't need to do any of the stuff listed on that link. It's just plug and play ;)

Nice one, it seems patience is the key to this mod :) Although I think in places he's gone into a little too much detail and makes it seem more complicated than it actually is? @:confused:

My lights should be arriving this Friday/Monday. So i'll probably fit the outers straight away then worry about the inner ones at the weekend when I've got a spare couple of hours :)

It seems some colours look crap with all four, whereas others look brilliant with all four. So it'll give me a chance to see what I think

Edited by Nelson_R32

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...