ITS BEEN STOLEN

davemr32

Iam gutted on monday mid day they got in my house and took my keys to my grey mk4 r32 ,my head is shot as i have had it from new and was planning to keep it forever ,what makes it worse is it was mint not a scratch or dent and only done 20k in 4 years i know every one love there r but i was obsessed with it even polished inside of exausts.

What do i do now as i keep hopeing it will been have used on a job and will just be dumped unmarked but i bet it will not be seen again i just feel so low any advice would be a help thanks.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm kind of glad that we live 200 yards off the road in a concealed driveway. Otherwise I'd be constantly worried of being broken in to tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry mate, that makes no difference.

My friend had his Mk4 GTI stolen years ago and he lived up a long secluded drive. The Police said if anything it's better for them as there are no witnesses to the theft and it's easier for them to work on if they had to.

Also, when they're stolen to order, they've been watched/followed for a few days at least.

crazy.gif

With the rare colour and breaking in to get the keys I fear it's a steal to order. Where abouts do you stay? Definately too often we hear about this, on the positive side you never mentioned anyone being harmed, I know thats not much comfort right now but as much as we all love our lumps of metal, flesh comes first.

Totally gutted for you fella. Most peeps on TSN probably feel the same as you about their cars, myself especially so.

The ONLY reason i own an R is because i have a garage. I'm super paranoid about prying eyes. I can't stand a thief. Their the lowest of the low. I hope you get your insurance sorted quickly and find another R. Try and get a garage or lock-up for it. Too many jealous gits out there. crazy.gif

Having had my S3 taken from me 2 years ago, I know how you feel. They didn't even bother getting into my house for the keys. Towed my daily diesel out from in front of the locked garage and then came back 3 hours later with the tow truck, got into the garage and towed it away. It was found 18months later as a collection of other S3's and some A3s too. The police did nothing and the gang are still at large.

My heart and feelings go out to you, but at least they didn't force their way into your home and take the keys from you at knife point as has happened to some.

Nasty. Sorry to hear this, hang in there.

My personal feeling in these matters is that you're better off not getting it back, it will never feel the same if you do. As for Tracker, I made a conscious decision not to have a tracker fitted, if my car gets nicked I don't want to end up haggling with an insurance company who would likely want it repaired, whereas I'd want shot of it at that point.

Hope you get a positive end to the problem.

All the best.

I am in worcestershire ,Thanks for all your advice and help ,i just wish it was tatty now but no it was mint ,i know i will get over it but it was like my baby ,and i am sure to lose out on insurance ,and what do i get next . And dont mention a garage as i have a garage and was trying to clear it out following a renovation on the house.

sorry to hear this yet again

as people havesaid on here atleast you were not harmed in any way, as for tracker i dont think they are worth the money as your car can be driven many hundreds of miles before and if they find it not to mention the abuse it has taken, when you get yourself sorted with either your pride and joy back or a replacement do yourself a favour and get a clifford black jax fitted. they wont get very far even with the keys and the only way it can be taken away is on a lowloader in which case they were professionals anyway and probably best not to mess with. hope you get sorted soon frown.gif

A few tips for you all...

If on the way home someone, especially at night seems to be following you, go around the block before you pull up at your house...

Don't leave your car on your drive in plane sight if at all pos, and put it in the garage. I know it's hassle, but it's best kept out of sight...

Most of all, for a small admin charge or if the gang has a front as a bogus clamping company, have your car registered to another address. Parents, relatives etc. If someone unsavoury sees your car and notes the number plate, they can get the registered address. They will then scope the place out to see if and how your car is kept there. If you register it to another address, it avoids this problem. Insurance wise, insure it at the address where it's kept. It doesn't need to be the same as the V5...

Sorry to hear you've lost the car. Scares me reading stuff like this as my car is so visible. What I find strange though is that if it was stolen to order, they couldn't have picked a rarer R32 so wouldn't that make it more difficult to shift? I can't remember the exact number of grey Rs in the UK but its the smallest number of all the colours. Surely that will make it easier to find, unless its been exported for spares. Hope everything works out for you.

BrakeSnake,

I can just imagine me ringing my parents and saying ...

'Hi mum, just a quick call to tell you that I've registered my car at your address. The reason being if any eastern european car thiefs try to locate my R32 they'll break into your place instead to get the keys. Hope you're OK with that? You may want to buy a baseball bat?'

I'm sure they'd be overjoyed!