Best foam lance ?

alera

Whats the best option decent foam lance for my pressure washer or something like the Gilmour Foamaster II ?

I have a basic foam attachement for my pressure washer but it leaks and dosnt produce that good results....Its just a generic pressure washer not a Karcher....

I was thinking of getting something like the Gilmour Foamaster II giving it a coat of snow foam with that leave it to soak then pressure wash off then reapply with the gilmour and use my lambswool mitt.

Would this be a good option or am I better going with a decent foam lance for my pressure washer ?

Also I am sure I read somewhere there is a forum member discount for elite car care is that still the case ?

[ QUOTE ]

Wheres the best place to get the AutoBrite Foam Lance ? and can people recommend a karcher model I might get a new pressure washer whilst I am at it...

[/ QUOTE ]

You can only get the AB Lance from Auto Brite Direct. Halfords currently have discount on Karchers - I got the K4.99M for £110 and it is tops. I hear the K3.99M is also very good and thats is about £90 I think.

This is the results I get:

AstraDetail005.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Is this the one for Karchers ?

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1726

WIll it work on all models, I think that deal is in store only they dont have the karcher model you mentioned on the website...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep that looks like the one!

You're right they have removed the K4.99M however the K3.99M should do a similar job and they have that on their site.

I ordered the Autobrite lance on Sunday evening - arrived today. Certainly looks a prepoer bit of kit. Also got 5L of snow foam thrown in - a January special direct from AB. Mine will be hooked up to my K4.99M Karcher pressure washer

might give it a go at the weekend grin.gif

Just wondering how far to open the detergent tap on top of the lance confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Wheres the best place to get the AutoBrite Foam Lance ? and can people recommend a karcher model I might get a new pressure washer whilst I am at it...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You can only get the AB Lance from Auto Brite Direct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the case! In fact, just about all the decent traders do them (myself included.)

To be absolutely honest, I can't beat Rachel @ Autorae chems deal on ebay. You get the lance, plus 5l free snow foam (which is exactly the same foam as mine - So I can attest to it being good!)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Just wondering how far to open the detergent tap on top of the lance confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Experiment mate - in the pic of mine above its set to full grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say its set to full does that mean fully turned round in the + direction. I thought going towards the - sign gave me more foam but maybe its more wattery and therefore not as clingy.

[ QUOTE ]

ahaydock - autobrite do not make a foam lance. they just re-sell the same ones all the other traders sell. I have no idea how it became to be known as an 'autobrite/AB lance!'

Karcher (that is the yellow bottle thingy) is a totally different thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Paul, thought that may be the case 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

So what is the differance apart from the size of the bottle between the Autobrite one & the one's from other suplliers and which one is also better.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bottles are the same. As I said, they are identical, from the same place.

BUT, there are two lances. Standard and HD. One has a red dial, one has a black dial on the top. Generally, the HD one comes with a 1l bottle, and the standard one comes with a 500ml bottle. But, you can put a 1l bottle on the standard one as long as you put a longer pick up pipe on it.