R8 prices - falling

Merlot

I'm told that premiums are starting to go negative; ie the cars are now selling into the trade at optioned up list prices at best. Anyone got info?

Its still a great car but its hardly surprising and is the typical six month halo period that such cars have. I guess we will see the waiting list collapse as the speculators pull out. Maybe I will get one now? grin.gif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I'm told that premiums are starting to go negative; ie the cars are now selling into the trade at optioned up list prices at best. Anyone got info?

Its still a great car but its hardly surprising and is the typical six month halo period that such cars have. I guess we will see the waiting list collapse as the speculators pull out. Maybe I will get one now? grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well you can live in hope....but don't hold your breath 169144-ok.gif

The R8 recently appeared in Glasses guide but the figures there-for once, before a smart ass jumps in-bear no relevance to the current market for the car in question.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

still going for over list mate!

[/ QUOTE ]

...but punters are always last to spot the trade starting to cane a car. Anyway I'm talking trade prices...how much would you take out of the middle of a used R8?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Merlot in desperate attempt to talk down the market for a car he fancies buying.."

Could be true. In a weak moment I caught myself looking at a 430 on Tom Hartley's website for £105k - the spec is all wrong, dark blue, manual box but I would actually like it like that. Anyway, I suddenly realised that the R8 is actually underpriced and any attempt to push down the prices is indeed creating a false market in an appreciating asset. 123576-assfeck.gif

PS I was told that R8's are going off by a reputable source.

I think that leaking/rumours of the imminent V10 version will affect residuals. I know Audi realise that many of the present R8 owners will buy the V10.

This is their problem I think.. some (not all) will be waiting for the V10, or at least be looking to not take a steep fall on their R8's.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm just being told that they are trading at list or a tad less now. Would you bid £10-15k over list (incl options) for one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but that is utter rubbish.

Show me where anyone in, or out, of the trade can buy an R8 for behind list....and no I wouldn't bid heavy overs for one. But the fact is that they are selling and trading for over list all day long still.

You shouldn't believe all you are told maybe? znaika.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I must speak to the traders I know and tell them that they are still at Primary School. One thing for sure is that heavy metal is struggling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apologies if my post read wrong, so to put it another way then. If you can show me where I can buy an Audi R8 (UK, not import) at less than UK list I will buy it tomorrow.

Of if any of your "trader friends" have cars at list or less that they cannot sell/trade we can have them sold for more in 24 hours flat.

You are right that the "heavy metal" end of the market is tough, but the fact is that the R8 still bucks that general trend easily.

Cheers,

Gareth

p.s. you have PM smlove2.gif

Someone on the TT forum was saying that you could drive one for three months, sell it for £5k over to the trade and the dealer would then sell it for another £5k over. Whether that's the case anymore seems to be a mute point.

It would be nice to hear from someone who has been through the process recently.