Full Ipod integration for e90 3 series ?

CarMad

I've seen the iPod on a car without iDrive (335d) and you get more control than I've seen before - playlists come up on the display etc etc. Pretty good from what I saw. Might be an indication of how good it could be with your iDrive.

Yeah dead easy to fit it, takes about 10 minutes, however you need to have the car programmed for a cd changer, and you need to have a changer in there before the dealer will code it. So it is a lot of effort and not cheap.

You can get the BMW kit fitted, not as good as the factory 6FL USB option and they charge you around £500 for it all. frown.gif

I phoned BMW last week for a quote to fit the iPod interface into my 535d. The part is £200 and they want £600 to fit and code. Not surprisingly I told them to feck off. I already have the changer fitted, so it really is a simple matter of removing it and plugging in the iPod kit. Sadly (according to a lot of the BMW forums) doing this without recoding may cause diagnostics errors when the car is being serviced.....

I have bought a dension gateway 500, but I am having a few issues with my iDrive at the moment so have not yet fitted it....

[ QUOTE ]

Sam, if you have a cd changer the Dension simply plugs in its place. Takes two minutes to fit mate and works a charm! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The dension doesn't replace the CD changer it is an addition and as such needs it's own power etc etc. I know it is a simple fit, but I am holding off to get my other iDrive issues resolved 169144-ok.gif

Can't you just use the AUX port in the armrest stowage area and change on the ipod? That's what I do.

Must admit it would be better to have the cable into the glovebox solution with control on the steering wheel though.

I thought to get the integrated method it was just a cable plugged into the back of the business radio and run through to the glovebox - there's more to it?

[ QUOTE ]

Can't you just use the AUX port in the armrest stowage area and change on the ipod? That's what I do.

Must admit it would be better to have the cable into the glovebox solution with control on the steering wheel though.

I thought to get the integrated method it was just a cable plugged into the back of the business radio and run through to the glovebox - there's more to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen an E9x series with a business radio; don't they all have the BMW professional stereo as the standard spec... confused.gif

So I spend £250 min plus get it fitted myself and get BMW to code something and then have to buy an Autochanger to throw away.

Or give them £500ish for something inferior when the device I'm connecting costs half that.

Erm .. great options BMW. (Yes I know its cheaper when spec'ed as new) crazy.gifsmashfreakB.gif

You need a changer fitted otherwise you get coding errors.

The dension has a service switch on it, and you have to put it in service mode when you take the car in, otherwise they can't code the car for anything as it throws up errors when they try, and not just for the stereo, anything in the car.