Door Speaker

jhal

GGGRRRRR, the drivers side door speaker seems to be dead in the car. only noticed it friday.

anyone an recommendations for a replacement.

really dont want to have to upgrade the lot. might consider a "reasonable" upgrade for it and the same on the passenger door.

as always thanks for the assist.

Is not still under warranty? Get a like for like replacement done and make sure that the issue isn't caused by dodgy wiring elsewhere.

If it all works fine and you want to upgrade you can and you've not lost out. If however you try and change the speaker first and the problem is caused by a dodgy wire I'd bet a penny to a pound that they wouldn't resolve the wiring issue under warranty.

i checked all three speakers and they are all working.

gonna take the lining off the door when i get some free time and check the wiring.

same song this time it sounded a lot different.

i hope its a loose wire. not good on a two year old car, but better than a blown speaker.

• 2 months later...

The speaker in our 3 door 55 reg Gti had an intermittant problem, often sorted by opening and slaming the door shut again. Although sometimes turning the stereo up would somethines sort it out. More Likely to be a loose connection than anything else.

I'd take it back to the dealer for them to sort.

• 3 weeks later...
The speaker in our 3 door 55 reg Gti had an intermittant problem, often sorted by opening and slaming the door shut again. Although sometimes turning the stereo up would somethines sort it out. More Likely to be a loose connection than anything else.

I'd take it back to the dealer for them to sort.

I am having a very similar problem with my front passenger side door speaker. Sometimes after hitting a bump on the road it will stop working. It will turn on again if I crank the volume way up or if I open the glovebox and slam it shut or if I open the passenger door and slam it shut. Did you find out what was wrong with yours?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've a similar problem if anyone can shed any light, I've an A3 3dr where the rear speakers are not working at all, I had a period where they would be on and off, on and off again, any thoughts where this problem could be, is it the wires and if so where is the best place to start.

I've been told by Audi that the stereo has these faults but I don't quite believe them somehow :)