Is white the white colour?

ludwig

Some of you, particularly those who are considering the colour of their new GTI, might be interested in this piece which appeared in the Daily Telegraph 19 January 2008:

<Honest John's agony column

Last Updated: 12:01am GMT 19/01/2008

Your questions answered by the dealer you can trust

Paler shade of white

I have always liked white cars, but they fell out of fashion and used values have been really bad. I am changing cars this summer and would like an Audi, BMW or VW in white. Is this wise?

W.S., via email

• I like white, too, but it depends on the car. I had an argument with the man from Glass's Guide about this. He contends that, historically, white is a bad colour for any saloon or hatchback, but OK for sports cars and coupés. I reckon if it looks good to my eye, then it is good. I think the new Audi A4 and A5 look their most stunning in white - the same is even true of the Mazda6 and Mazda2. Some small cars, however, look like cheap kitchen appliances when finished in white. Base-model Fiats and Ford Fiestas spring to mind. >

ludwig

The trade have a stigma attached to anything they can make stick, any dealer selling a second hand white GTI would be falling over themselves to tell you what a great colour white is and how its making a comeback, but when it comes to trade in they will talk bo$£$£cks and then try to under value the car.

I know a big dealer chain round here that regular has GTIs in the white ones took them ages to shift. But who cares buy what you want is what i say. I really like the contrast of the white and black on the standard GTI but don't like it on the ed30 (too much white on it for me) but again this is a personal choice.

[ QUOTE ]

Totally agree with the contrat issue Snoopy but like you say each to their own and all that......

[/ QUOTE ]

I also agree, although i'd be very tempted with an ed30 if it had 18" monza's. I'm not a fan of the ed30 wheels, still a lovely looking car but not quite as special for me. Now a white ed30 with the black 18" monzas and we might be on to something notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Totally agree with the contrat issue Snoopy but like you say each to their own and all that......

[/ QUOTE ]

I also agree, although i'd be very tempted with an ed30 if it had 18" monza's. I'm not a fan of the ed30 wheels, still a lovely looking car but not quite as special for me. Now a white ed30 with the black 18" monzas and we might be on to something notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The black Monza's are now a dealer fit option on the Ed30's. 169144-ok.gif