Leather now standard

chriswastle

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted on another GTI forum I inhabit:

"It is true. I was talking to my dealer yesterday (and today). My car fortunately missed the cut-off and is on it's way with Interlagos, but anything coming from about a week ago has leather. VW are discounting the non leather cars as a gesture of good faith, so my already great deal just got £1000 better.

VW are almost certainly clearing out old parts now before the new Golf is released, which makes financial sense to them, and leather, for most, is an incentive. In some ways I'm disappointed I won't get the leather."

Chuffing nora, that new VW website is shockingly crap.

I have designed a few websites in my time and that VW effort is very poor for such a big company. It's not even style over substance as the use of Flash is poorly executed, with loading times I wasn't seeing on websites five years ago.

My laptop is pretty hi-spec and my processor was working overtime all the time I had the website open and even for a few minutes after it shut.

Sort it out VW.

Usual for VW to get rid of all the bits and bobs before the new model. My VR6 highline 'special edition' bought new in '97 had wheels/special paint/seats that you couldn't order on another Golf. Until the end of the Mk3 when they said bollox you can have all these bits on a standard GTI. mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]

....Yes, and most of the GTI's being ordered are Ed30's which are no longer in limited production apparently.

The Mk5 is still a winner - At least, for the consumer 169144-ok.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think most people are going for the ED30 at all, we have sold 3 'normal' GTIS last month.

Oh and the ED30 is still in production, we have 2 in build week 6 that are unsold cars!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, tell me, is my experience of VW and VW dealers going to improve? At the moment it's adversely colouring my judgement of the shiny new GTI on my drive!

I ordered a new GTI in the middle of January. As I had already sold my car, I decided to go for one that was available in two to three weeks rather than wait for one to my exact spec to be built. I picked up the car just under a fortnight ago.

I thought I'd negotiated a good price - but now I find that leather is standard on cars from build week 6. Unsurprising, I feel more than a little aggrieved that I seem to have lost out to the tune of £1,600 - particularly as the price negotiated was for a car to my spec, regardless of build date.

That taken with the irritations surrounding get a fault on the car sorted that existed at point of sale make me think I've made a big mistake. Please tell me I haven't - that the GTI is the fantastic car I thought it was going to be!

....Firstly a Warm Welcome to Tyresmoke and the GTI forum 169144-ok.gif.

I guess you'll never be completely satisfied because your car isn't the exact spec you wanted. BUT....after any faults being sorted, you should find that you enjoy driving her and especially if DSG.

Of course, it also depends what car you enjoyed driving previously. The Mk5 GTI is an excellent allrounder, especially if 5-door version.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, tell me, is my experience of VW and VW dealers going to improve? At the moment it's adversely colouring my judgement of the shiny new GTI on my drive!

I ordered a new GTI in the middle of January. As I had already sold my car, I decided to go for one that was available in two to three weeks rather than wait for one to my exact spec to be built. I picked up the car just under a fortnight ago.

I thought I'd negotiated a good price - but now I find that leather is standard on cars from build week 6. Unsurprising, I feel more than a little aggrieved that I seem to have lost out to the tune of £1,600 - particularly as the price negotiated was for a car to my spec, regardless of build date.

That taken with the irritations surrounding get a fault on the car sorted that existed at point of sale make me think I've made a big mistake. Please tell me I haven't - that the GTI is the fantastic car I thought it was going to be!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confident that you haven't made a mistake and you've made a good decision. In the commercial world we live in, offers / deals are constantly changing. It doesn't matter if it's a car, mobile phone or an item of clothing, you can only negotiate and agree to the best possible deal at that specific moment in time. Think of how much you would have saved in the past 3 years if you had done your Xmas shopping in January rather than Nov / Dec!?

I think you also find enthusiasts on car forums and the like tend to have higher expectations that Joe Public and as such are more vocal about issues here. Generally the GTI is a fine car with few niggles or reliability issues.

Just enjoy it. 169144-ok.gifECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Welcome MiniMouse i have'nt been here long either 169144-ok.gifBelieve me you have made no mistake with your purchase,the GTi is a superb car which you will really enjoy.. beerchug.gif

Thank you for the warm welcome guys.

The GTI looks stunning in diamond black - well at least when it's clean. And such a shame I had to have the 18" Monzas to get the earlier delivery date ROFL. They do look fab and really set the car off.

The SO already loves DSG - so that's a plus. It's a bit of a culture shock for me moving away from a manual.

I'm not expecting this car to replace the last one - I'm not that unreasonable ;-) My head says I've made the right decision re a usable but fun hot hatch - I'm sure the heart will catch up very soon!

Now to save a few pennies for some performance enhancements laugh.gif